Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

If Avatar saves heavy metal, I will celebrate by dancing with Bruce to techno music all night long!

Life is fragile.
Just a few minutes ago I was standing in the living room and noticed a bird had flown in the staircase. The window in the staircase is tilted open from the top, that’s where she must’ve come in. Just enough of a gap for a bird of her size to fly in. She was in distress and flew against the window, and as I went to open the window so the bird could fly out, it banged its head twice more against the window and fell on the stairs. One of its arms twitching, I assumed it had broken its arm. A minute later, though, the twitching has stopped. It was dead. “The body’s still warm,” my mother said as she picked the bird up. We buried her in the yard next to some flowers.

Life is fragile.
Just a few minutes ago I was standing in the living room and noticed a bird had flown in the staircase. The window in the staircase is tilted open from the top, that’s where she must’ve come in. Just enough of a gap for a bird of her size to fly in. She was in distress and flew against the window, and as I went to open the window so the bird could fly out, it banged its head twice more against the window and fell on the stairs. One of its arms twitching, I assumed it had broken its arm. A minute later, though, the twitching has stopped. It was dead. “The body’s still warm,” my mother said as she picked the bird up. We buried her in the yard next to some flowers.
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were German with that stark "life is pain" story...

Just yesterday, one of the less bright drivers here drove backwards from the testing ramp with no one guiding him (which is forbidden) and almost completely ran over a dog. "Luckily" he only broke 2 or 3 of its legs... The poor dog couldn't move an inch without whimpering. One unfortunate event is all it takes.

I drank a cup of coffee and it gave me anxiety and a weird feeling in my chest. It always happens to me when I drink a decent amount over a short period of time.

I really distinguished myself in the kitchen on Monday ...

I'd got ahead on work time so I decided to take a long lunch break and bake some muffins. Now, as you may know, muffins involve only two types of ingredients - dry and wet. And this recipe involves butter, so I needed to melt it. I decided to do this in the microwave on defrost.

So I finished up and the muffins came out looking really nice - I was really pleased. I cooled them on a rack, put them in the freezer, washed up and cleared everything away - job done (so I thought) ...

Yesterday the Boyfriend was sorting out some mashed spuds and said to me "this is just butter, right?" And what he was holding out for my inspection was the ramekin of butter I'd melted in the microwave intending to put into the muffin mixture :facepalm:

What is truly amazing though, is that this didn't ruin the muffins. They were actually still really nice, moist and munchy. We attribute this to the fact that the yoghurt I was using wasn't fat free, it was about 3.5%. Also there was lots of apple, chopped into little bits, and a handful of sultanas.

I just unwittingly invented a nearly-fat-free edible muffin!

Back