Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I can see that connection in the sound effects parts, which is indeed a bit similar to Time. What I find striking about Time and NSOM is the use of the rhythmic aspect of the ticking. But then again, with the rise of click tracks it became probably an obvious idea.

I was in Zurich for some meetings most of the week. Wednesday night, we went to this place for dinner.

www.blindekuh.ch/restaurant-in-the-dark-blindekuh-zurich.html

Really a lot of fun.

The waitstaff is various levels of blind and you sit in complete darkness .. and I mean complete 100% darkness, you cannot see your hand right in front of your face. it was really disconcerting at first, but after 5 minutes and the first glass of wine, it was fun

You show up and in the lobby put anything that gives off light into a locker, choose what you want to eat. All of us picked the surprise dinner (4 courses), you can pick veggie, fish, or beef .. beyond that no clue what you are getting

The waitress comes out and the first person puts their hands on her shoulder and so on and she leads you to your table.

She just lets you know fork, knife, and water glass on the right .. wine glass on the left.

They would bring food out one plate at a time and you eat.

It was funny, we got a salad early on and everyone is calling out what exactly we think is in it. The soup and putting butter on your bread were the biggest challenges.

If you need something, you just call out the waitresses name and she comes over .. we did a lot of "Anje, more wine please" (we did 8 bottles)

My main dish was a steak over some creamy risotto ... I just took my shirt off, figured who would see and it was a nice shirt)

Passing food was interesting (like bread and getting someone to verify I actually took my shirt off) "I am reaching my hand out about shoulder height, then you should feel the bread basket"

Overall it was fun, nothing I would want to do often, but cool as a once in a while thing. Added bonus, it gives jobs to people that probably have a hard time finding jobs and the proceeds help blind charities. Our waitress said the place opened in 1998, she has been working there since 2005

When we left, they handed out cards if you wanted to see what you ate .. I did not look, I know generally what dinner was and I am good with that.

Added bonus, it gives jobs to people that probably have a hard time finding jobs and the proceeds help blind charities. Our waitress said the place opened in 1998, she has been working there since 2005

I don’t get it. Staff are actually blind?

Oh, how interesting! What was it like compared to a typical American wedding?
Well we were first at the church and the ceremony was done in Old Armenian so most of us couldn’t understand it. Then we went to the garden of the groom’s parents and had a vegetarian luncheon, coffee time, and dinner. It was an interesting mixture of two worlds.

Armenians are the oldest Christians. With their own unique language & alphabet & mount Ararat (Noah’s Arc mountain) as their sacred place. I doubt not it was interesting.

Back