Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I bought an electric guitar! It feels so much better to play electric guitar stuff on the proper instrument instead of on my classical. Plus, my dad no longer thinks I'm playing the oud whenever I play a riff on the sixth string :yes:

I bought an electric guitar! It feels so much better to play electric guitar stuff on the proper instrument instead of on my classical. Plus, my dad no longer thinks I'm playing the oud whenever I play a riff on the sixth string :yes:
I think practising electric guitar stuff on acoustic or classical guitar is very useful as the increased difficulty in producing clean sounds improves finger agility and makes you a more precise player. Then it’ll feel like butter once you move on to electric. :ok:

I think practising electric guitar stuff on acoustic or classical guitar is very useful as the increased difficulty in producing clean sounds improves finger agility and makes you a more precise player. Then it’ll feel like butter once you move on to electric. :ok:
Yeah, I felt that my (amateurish) skills translated very well to the electric. It also feels amplifies some of my bad technique though lol, stuff like not muting the string when lifting my finger which makes the open string sound. In classical it was at least quiet, the amplifier makes it unbearable.

Yeah, I felt that my (amateurish) skills translated very well to the electric. It also feels amplifies some of my bad technique though lol, stuff like not muting the string when lifting my finger which makes the open string sound. In classical it was at least quiet, the amplifier makes it unbearable.
The little intricacies of muting strings come with experience and become second nature at some point. It’s like that with every guitar technique probably. Something that seems impossible at first becomes more and more doable the more you repeat it. It’s worth looking out for improper technique in the process as bad habits will be more difficult to root out later on.

I fell asleep in my clothes and with the lights on again. It’s happened so much lately that it’s almost embarrassing.
Last night I was drinking with some friends after a long time and was quite talkative with the people I met. Even the taxi driver was probably fed up with me because I wouldn’t shut up. As always, all the words seem bad and unnecessary afterwards but I guess I had something to tell if I spoke so much.

One of my best colleagues gives an internal interview on Wednesday and he asked me to mock interview him. So I set up a Teams call in an hour.
First 20 minutes he will present his ppt and the rest 40 minutes I'll be questioning him.
I'll loose a great partner if he takes the position. And he'll loose a super interesting job & really power role, to secure the badge of a leader. But hey, it's his life.

This probably works better for the receiving partner. Where eating is concerned, the significance of the horse is the size of the meal...

I'm currently the last man standing in a house full of Coronavirus. Thought we were done with this. <_<
Don't you come into my room, unless a mask you want to wear.
I just want to see your test, want you to stand and share.
See the pink lines begin to show, as the test falls on the floor.
Coronavirus can't be fought, (but) Coronavirus can be sought.
Oh well, wherever, wherever you are,
Coronavirus is gonna get you, no matter how far!
See the viral load as it sheds, all up on my test, Coronavirus wants you for dead....
......and you...and you...and yoouu....coronavirus wants aaaaaaaalllllllllll of yooouuu!!!

...But in all seriousness, good luck to you, for real, it fucking sucks...my second time around right now after being careful as shit for the last couple of years.

Wife and I took the day off work to have some time without the kids so we did some vinyl shopping, bothered some charity shops and had a long boozy lunch. Now listening to my newly purchased ‘Fly to the Rainbow’ by the Scorpions and shovelling ice cream into my piggy little mouth

Reactions: Yax
The really bad:
My dad is hospitalised with cancer.

The bad:
Work is putting so much pressure on me that I have virtually no free time at the moment (although I'm making a point to have my weekends), and it will stay this way until September. Four planned Maiden gigs turned to zero and I'm in an almost trance-like state most of the time.

The good:
I just received confirmation that I will get a new job as a research fellow starting in October, which is my dream job. The downside is that it's only a 50% position and limited to four years, but whatever.

Back