Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'd noticed...

Also, I had a guitar out for the first time in ages today and now feel totally inadequate.

I'd noticed...

Also, I had a guitar out for the first time in ages today and now feel totally inadequate.
Think I'm at four times at this point! :ninja:

Tell me about it. I actually have mine in the lap while watching him. The physical violence equivalent would be to be kicked in the nuts while at the same time get roundhouse kicked in the face.

Ritchie Faulkner playing live on FB now, playing snippets of requests. Doing Moonchild at the moment, changed to Bark At The Moon after the first chorus. Faulkner is by far my favorite player to rise to fame of the past 20 years.
He usually plays live on FB or IG and on every video there are lot of requested songs of Maiden - every time.
Btw, he (somehow) has difficulties to play a Janick's solo: his solo in FTGGOG or in ''Mother Russia'', I can't remember well. He makes these videos spontaneously, so that explains it.

I fully agree with your statement above.
He would be a great fit in Maiden, without any doubt. As Steve said, he is/was the first choice to replace someone in Maiden (if necessary)... he seems wants Maiden always to be with 3 guitarists.
I don't think they will return to 2 guitarists (not because they can't), but because they are like family and because if one members retires, they all will do imo. Plus, the reunion albums songs (and most of the songs from the 80's & 90's too) sounds best/better/great with 3 guitars.

- Maiden sound the best live with 3 guitars!

I really like Richie Faulkner (he is one of my favorite guitarists and it would be great to see him in Maiden - he is the only one I'd approve of in that hypothetical scenario too), but I don't want to see Maiden without someone from the current lineup.

Last edited:
Thinking of buying Maiden England DVD - I had no idea Shirley made a 5.1 mix for it, so that would be sweet to have.

I gotta be honest, all this negativity surrounding the release of the next Maiden album is really wearing me out. I also just don't have the motivation to spend a lot of time here anymore. I think I'm going to take a little break (2 weeks or so) from the forum entirely with the exception of The Crusade of Epics. For everything else I'll be taking a bit of a breather. I'll be back, though.

Until then, smell you later.

- Lampwick

5ewwzt.jpg

Crete (and Greece for that matter) are reasonably high on the list of places I want to go. Ideally in 2023 (Vienna this year, Italy next year are already planned .. assuming the Maiden date goes off as planned .. shockingly, I have not lost my tickets :) )

Back