Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
I'd noticed...

Also, I had a guitar out for the first time in ages today and now feel totally inadequate.

Yax

Ancient Mariner
I'd noticed...

Also, I had a guitar out for the first time in ages today and now feel totally inadequate.
Think I'm at four times at this point! :ninja:

Tell me about it. I actually have mine in the lap while watching him. The physical violence equivalent would be to be kicked in the nuts while at the same time get roundhouse kicked in the face.

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Ritchie Faulkner playing live on FB now, playing snippets of requests. Doing Moonchild at the moment, changed to Bark At The Moon after the first chorus. Faulkner is by far my favorite player to rise to fame of the past 20 years.
He usually plays live on FB or IG and on every video there are lot of requested songs of Maiden - every time.
Btw, he (somehow) has difficulties to play a Janick's solo: his solo in FTGGOG or in ''Mother Russia'', I can't remember well. He makes these videos spontaneously, so that explains it.

I fully agree with your statement above.
He would be a great fit in Maiden, without any doubt. As Steve said, he is/was the first choice to replace someone in Maiden (if necessary)... he seems wants Maiden always to be with 3 guitarists.
I don't think they will return to 2 guitarists (not because they can't), but because they are like family and because if one members retires, they all will do imo. Plus, the reunion albums songs (and most of the songs from the 80's & 90's too) sounds best/better/great with 3 guitars.

- Maiden sound the best live with 3 guitars!

I really like Richie Faulkner (he is one of my favorite guitarists and it would be great to see him in Maiden - he is the only one I'd approve of in that hypothetical scenario too), but I don't want to see Maiden without someone from the current lineup.

Last edited:

Yax

Ancient Mariner
Thinking of buying Maiden England DVD - I had no idea Shirley made a 5.1 mix for it, so that would be sweet to have.