Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Going on a 10-day stint of penicillin. The wife (yes, the wife. Not me) managed to sustain me a couple of third degree burns on the back of my hand yesterday (which then proceeded to get infected despite wound cleaning).

Ok, I might have set the stage for this, by turning the wrong stove hub on, thus melting a plastic box. I then proceeded to move it to the side, whereas the wife exclaimed "NO!", yanked it back and a splash of melted plastic burned my skin away.

But I did have pizza in the evening. All in all, a good day.

I've melted things on the stove before, but I've never yanked it back after moving the melted object. Doesn't seem clever. Get better @Yax!

Reactions: Yax
Ironically, she thought I was going to burn myself during the move, which was why she yanked it back just when I was finishing the maneouver.

Brought a female colleague along for aerobatics on Wednesday. She'd never been in a small aircraft before but was really enthusiastic to go flying. And to be honest, she seemed to enjoy the flight much more than I enjoyed my first aerobatic flight. The moment where I caught myself thinking "shame she has a boyfriend", though, was when she asked if I could do another snap roll ...

Watching Live Chaper... Currently at Speed of Light. That was a really good tour, with excellent stage theme and design - The album songs were quite enjoyable live as well, even though this is a bottom quarter album for me.

Actually, I think the album is more than the sum of its parts - It flows rather well and connects as an album. Its individual components range from really strong to rather weak, but front to back listening it's pretty damn good. All of it sounds good while you listen to it, but the individual songs are somewhat lacking and to me, is Maiden trying too hard to make things work even when they don't quite do.

Last edited:
Watching Live Chaper... Currently at Speed of Light. That was a really good tour, with excellent stage theme and design - The album songs were quite enjoyable live as well, even though this is a bottom quarter album for me.
I couldn't agree more! And i never dreamed they would do Children Of The Damned and Powerslave on a new album tour.

If you waded through the pages of speculation, I suppose we have two things confirmed:
1: Maiden is probably going to announce something on July 15, likely a new album.

2: The acronym WOTW is involved.

Probably the most interesting Blackmore interview I've read.

Back