Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So I got a coupon for a delivery app that's valid for just for one supermarket. In the app, this wine cost like 2 EUR while it's usually 6 EUR, so I use the coupon and pay and it all amounts to 4 EUR including delivery, for 4 bottles. Fucking A.

Then the guy brings them to me, and I celebrate thinking I fooled them.

Now I got the receipt and they charged me the full fucking price and I paid 25 EUR instead. FFS
Got a refund for the price difference, free delivery for next time and apology, and kept the wine.

200.gif

They fixed the price now, too late motherfuckers.

tenor.gif

When you rip CD's that combine multiple tracks (such as "Let Us Prey / Call for the Priest" or "Reverie / Harlequin Forest"), do you usually split them up into multiple tracks, or leave them as-is?

Leave as is. If they were supposed to be separated they would already be separated.

Today was basically a summer day here, 25-30 degrees. Hotter than most summer days, actually. Just a week ago I was still wearing my winter jacket. Hordes of pretty ladies on the streets.

Yeah, brushing your teeth while having a hiccup is a pretty dumb thing to do. -_-

It´s called a "double u" so it´s not that strange.
Yeah, but his argument was that w is the exact same sound as oo like in loose. The voiced labialized-velar approximant or <w> is certainly there, but that’s because oo is really two sounds combined into one and w acts as a semivowel to give the sound distinction.

Last night I found out something shocking that called my entire childhood into question:
The words to "Waltzing Matilda" that we all learn in primary school are not the original words ...

We've been singing a tea advert all these years :scared:
I feel conned ...

Today I got to experience something for the first time that would've scared the shit out of me if I hadn't already been briefed on how to handle it (and knew that it was a possibility). I was out flying aerobatics (2nd time solo) and had done most of the maneuvers I wanted to practice. Decided to finish the session with a spin, so I climbed to my maximum cleared altitude, pulled the throttle to idle, waited for stall speed and entered the spin.

And then the propeller stopped turning.

Cue swift recovery from the spin, initiate pull-out, open throttle slightly and push the starter button. Engine came back to life immediately. Phew.

After landing, I made a phone call to the chief aerobatics instructor and debriefed the incident quickly. He told me that it can happen, and in some older aircraft like e.g. the Tiger Moth, it is more or less to be expected. Hence all aerobatics pilots should be familiar with the procedure for restart in flight. Which I was.

Back