Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

The point is that Old Church Slavonic is the oldest attested Slavic language. Philologists shy away from calling it "Old Bulgarian " because while its closest genetic relative is modern Bulgarian, it would give wrong ideas about the complexity of the history of Slavic languages. It would also confuse things because there also is Proto-Bulgaric, which however belongs to the Turkic language family.

Just because our Slavic brethren couldn't be bothered to write down their lingo, so the oldest attested Slavic language is ours...
... and just because we kept the ethnonym, the original bearers of which spoke an Oghur Turkic language...
... you end up with a language name that is a) bloody religious propaganda, and b) inexplicably, makes Russians feel important.
#There'sNoJustice

Your purchased EQ's, compressors and reverbs etc for Logic, or whatever software you use for your music.

AH. No, it’s just no longer compatible with any 32 bit program, which included my basic audio editor and non-subscription based versions of Office and Photoshop.

So, we had solar panels installed on our house yesterday. We need the electric company to come and inspect them and make a tweak to their meter before we can turn them on (ideally this will happen next week). Looking forward to not paying an electric bill any more (and taking advantage of the tax cut).

Economic incentives to become green work. I miss our cap and trade system in Ontario. Now we have a much more expensive and less useful carbon tax.

I have good colleagues.

Today I went down to the gym after work to run on the treadmill. When I started, I was alone in the gym. Therefore I put on music, as usual a playlist centered around Maiden, Metallica, the usual suspects.

A few minutes later, two colleagues arrived. I told them (with what little breath I had left for talking) that if they found the music too loud they were welcome to turn the volume down a bit.

When the next song started, they turned it up instead :D

I have good colleagues.

Today I went down to the gym after work to run on the treadmill. When I started, I was alone in the gym. Therefore I put on music, as usual a playlist centered around Maiden, Metallica, the usual suspects.

A few minutes later, two colleagues arrived. I told them (with what little breath I had left for talking) that if they found the music too loud they were welcome to turn the volume down a bit.

When the next song started, they turned it up instead :D
What was the song in question?

Sabaton - Final Solution.
Same thing Wingman did a cheery festive cover of at his work Christmas party the other year.

Office Christmas party in one hour. Bring on the free booze!

Incidentally, the theme of the party is Disco fever.

giphy.gif

Back