Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

What's the British definition of "Smarties"? In Germany they're similar to M&M's, while in America they're a sort of tablet candy.
They're like m&m's - chocolate beans coated in sugar. Only since they've removed all the interesting stuff (ie the artificial colours and flavourings that allegedly made the kids hyper) they've become kind of dull. I'm therefore forced to conclude that if I want an approximation of the Smarties of my childhood I'd be better to go for m&m's ...

This is the sort of stuff we have in the States: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties_(tablet_candy)
Are they a bit fizzy? They look very similar to something we have here called Refreshers.
s-l640.jpg

Are they a bit fizzy?
I don't think I'd call them "fizzy", but they're very tangy. It's a very sour / sweet texture, with all the sugar and additives running the line so thinly that I wouldn't actually call them solely sour or solely sweet. Weird to describe them.

I thought of Parma Violets or Love Hearts. Both are gross. :p
Correct - they were basically the same as any other Swizzles candy and it was all awful. I remember they had a kind of a "cold" taste (I can't think of another way to put it) and they had a really indistinct flavour (?or flavours) which, without giving the slightest impression that they were attempting to imitate any known flavour, somehow still managed to taste totally artificial. A few years ago they were in the news because they'd decided to add a few "updated" messages to the Love Hearts like "Text Me" and I thought "surely the real news here is: people are still buying those hideous things??"
o_O

While scrolling through old MF posts I came upon this one:

NP: Meat Loaf - Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are

Now, before we get into a 'I have the longest NP ever' war, I do have Demilich's 'The Planet That Once Used To Absorb Flesh In Order To Achieve Divinity And Immortality (...Suffocated To The Flesh That It Desired)' somewhere, so don't even try it. :p

I swear I thought at first that they were talking about a "longest @Night Prowler ever" war. Whatever that is....

Back