Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I believe Victorius deserved to win the most recent Cheesevivor, but I just realized that Marius Danielsen named his second album "Legend of Valley Doom Pt. 2".

We need a Cheese Lifetime Award, for those who fall short but deserve to be recognized for their dedication to cheese.

The boyfriend and I were just discussing "Stairway to Heaven" and at one point he said something like "if you play prog backwards it's only 3 minutes long, makes perfect sense and is a fluffy little ditty about unrequited love." :lol:

As far as favorite songs go, after “Empire Of The Cloud”, “Rainbow Connection” from The Muppet Movie takes the goddamn cake. I cry every time.

Anyway, I never heard anything by Tool except for one instance about 7 years ago when I put on Undertow and stopped it halfway. Thought that the new album is as good an opportunity as any, so I decided to give it a try. So I'm not a Tool virgin anymore.

And - I'm sorry, but does anyone else feel they sound as if Dream Theater decided to put both Mastodon (the type of riffs, the processed vocals, the stonedness) and Neurosis (the song structures, the general atmosphere) in their inspiration corner?
I read the description "stoner prog" somewhere and gee, so far it really fits.

I mean, I like it a lot, but FFS I think I finally found the most overrated band in the history ever.

Back