Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Are the previous two posts related?

I can't wait to hear what @bearfan thinks of Newcastle, though. He might need a phrase book. And maybe protection against terrifying hoards of women, too.

Bridges is actually quite alright. Well, at least I understood him better than the American did. :D

But man, Grant Morrison...

EDIT: Okay, Cried deleted his post, but I'll leave this here anyway.

Last edited:
I was expecting a challenge, but this whole Eddie history thing is proving to be even tougher than I was expecting. Whew.

People around here are getting all hyped up for How To Train Your Dragon 3 and I'm like... am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about this thing?

Really sucks about Bourdain, he always seemed like such a lively, grab life by the balls kinda guy. Having read his book, however, I know he had a massive substance abuse problem and a pretty negative view on the world in his early days. Wouldn't be surprised if this is drug-related.

Finally got to fly again :) Unfortunately not very long as the one flying before me was on his cross-country solo flight and got delayed, eating off my booked time. Then I got to eat a bit (albeit less) off the next student's time.

Some new elements introduced today: Flew 8-s around two references in the terrain. A small lake and a large clearing in the forest. Practiced steep turns for the first time. And practiced the emergency procedure for power loss in flight - hope I'll never need it for real!

Didn't nail the landing (e.g. had a slight wheel skid on touchdown), but the instructor didn't have to save it. There was a bit of crosswind, I blame that.

Last edited:
EDIT: Okay, Cried deleted his post, but I'll leave this here anyway.
Sorry, didn't mean to delete it; something happened & I didn't bother re-posting last night. Kevin Bridges' accent is typically Glaswegion/West Coast of Scotland; but he quite noticeably speaks slower & pronounces some words with care. I'm sure he speaks waaay faster than that for real. I still find it reasonably surprising that people wouldn't be able to understand that accent though.

Back