Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Friday night plans:

DfNPBkgW0AEUwfh.jpg:large

I actually saw Trooper in a supermarket for the first time last week.

It's too expensive for me at the moment though. I can buy 4 cans of Staropramen (which is my favorite cheap beer) for 1 Trooper.

I actually saw Trooper in a supermarket for the first time last week.

It's too expensive for me at the moment though. I can buy 4 cans of Staropramen (which is my favorite cheap beer) for 1 Trooper.
Yes, I can get about five cans of Keith's India Pale Ale for the same as a Trooper as well.

Aaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Don't try and blame me for your sins
For the sun has burned me black
Your hollow lives
This world in which we live -
I throw it back

Oooohhhh!

Don't try and blame me for your games
Your games are death!
My world is light!
The angels fill my eyes...
With every breeeeaaaaaath......

And so we lay
We lay in the same grave
Our chemical wedding day

And so we lay
We lay in the same grave
Our chemical wedding day

And so we lay
We lay in the same grave
Our chemical wedding day......

^best moment in music history. fucking tears--

"And all this vegetable world appeared on my left foot as a bright sandal, formed immortal of precious stones and gold. I stooped down, and bound it on, to walk forward - into eternity..."

masterpiece album

thx

Aaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaahhhh
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Don't try and blame me for your sins
For the sun has burned me black
Your hollow lives
This world in which we live -
I throw it back

Oooohhhh!

Don't try and blame me for your games
Your games are death!
My world is light!
The angels fill my eyes...
With every breeeeaaaaaath......

And so we lay
We lay in the same grave
Our chemical wedding day

And so we lay
We lay in the same grave
Our chemical wedding day

And so we lay
We lay in the same grave
Our chemical wedding day......

^best moment in music history. fucking tears--

"And all this vegetable world appeared on my left foot as a bright sandal, formed immortal of precious stones and gold. I stooped down, and bound it on, to walk forward - into eternity..."

masterpiece album

thx
That's so awesome for sure! For me, getting CW and AOB were like getting 2 extra really amazing Maiden albums.

TBH I hate to think of them as Maiden albums. They're very un-Maiden, and comparing them undermines Bruce as a solo musician. I see your point, but to me they're like getting 2 incredible albums by an incredible guy.

Yep, but the bass is still there, and without it, we wouldn't have the groove we get on stuff like "The Tower".

I've actually heard that Adrian and Roy restrung their guitars with bass strings in an effort to really get a heavy sound, but I haven't been able to find out if it's true or not...

Well The Tower is actually a good example of how different the Bruce material is compared to Maiden. It’s a Maideny bass riff that’s almost reminiscent of Wrathchild but sounds totally different because that rhythm section grooves differently. Steve and Nicko tend to be more loose.

The bass strings thing is true. You can hear it on King In Crimson and Trumpets of Jericho (there may be others) where the guitars are tuned down to drop A.

I'm beginning to approach a state which some might, if they are so inclined, under certain circumstances might consider describing as resembling a level of consciousness which generally is considered to be brought about by the intoxicating effects of alcoholic beverages such as, in the particular example exhibited by my humble self, beer.

Ever thought of stopping or discontinuing the ingesting into the body through the mouth of organic compounds in which the hydroxyl functional group (–OH) is bound to a carbon?

Back