Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Btw European Burger King sucks compared to original. The taste is completely different.

I rarely eat chicken, as in few times yearly, and I wouldn't touch industrial fried chicken with a 10 foot pole.
There are some ok fast food chains (Fridays comes to mind) but I have never eaten in one that doesn't make you puke after couple of days of constant "usage", regardless of the variety of foods they have.

I have never eaten in one that doesn't make you puke after couple of days of constant "usage"

Well, what the hell did you expect? :D

The biggest turn off in the case of fast food is when the restaurant is filthy and attracts weird people. Last time I ate KFC was in Bulgaria, on its opening day as a matter of fact. In the UK, however, I noticed a weathered KFC sign in some underground area next to a disgusting public toilet. A bouquet of ugly things in a crowded area. Wouldn't want to dine there.

Btw European Burger King sucks compared to original. The taste is completely different.
Still better than McDonalds by a mile!

I had my first KFC in many years the other week. Very salty and fatty and not something I'd eat regularly. I only ever eat fast food if I've been travelling for hours or been at a long event where there's nothing much of food value and I'm lacking a lot of sleep. Calorie injection.

I wonder what the heck is up with large-scale catering suppliers at the moment. Wetherspoons pub chain suddenly dropped its microwave Sunday dinners a couple of years ago, my guess is supplier problems with meat supply, because they've replaced roast dinners with some sort of glorified microwaved breakfast/brunch thing. Their recent meat supplier has just gone bust after some scandal about hygiene, and now KFC is out of chicken.

Still better than McDonalds by a mile!
I completely disagree - Burger King is garbage in both North America and Europe. McDonald's is the same (but by no means good). My preferred fast food is only available in Canada. Euros don't know how to do it right, I'm afraid.

I'm an American and I don't recall ever going to KFC other than maybe once. My family always preferred the Taco Bell half of the restaurant.

Our local fast food (or street food) is both heathier and tastier than international chain fast food restaurants, so I almost never go for the latter.

I'm an American and I don't recall ever going to KFC other than maybe once. My family always preferred the Taco Bell half of the restaurant.
Taco Bell is also really bad. I guess when I have the urge to get fast food chicken I go to Popeye's, but that only happens once every other year. Chicken is so easy and quick to make.

I completely disagree - Burger King is garbage in both North America and Europe. McDonald's is the same (but by no means good). My preferred fast food is only available in Canada. Euros don't know how to do it right, I'm afraid.

Our fast food is not based on same food or same format as the stuff popularized by North American culture. Anything burger-like will be inferior to comparable stuff because that's not exactly our thing. I had first McDonalds just before high school, so probably 14 y.o. and I haven't eaten American style burger until I was 20-something. We have different stuff.

Burger King is very tasty in Asia. The meat itself is very juicy, not dry like usual McDonalds or euro Burger King.

Ze Germans.

DHL is a pile of shit. It's a prime example of a German company not being able to run an American-style franchise enterprise; and they do it with such efficiency that individual delivery people (of which only a fraction are actual employees of the company, most are freelancers) are so overburdened with their daily tasks that they often don't possess the time to enter apartment houses, so they won't even ring the doorbell but leave a note at the front door saying that you can pick up your parcel five blocks away. They have a uniquely ridiculous way of calculating transport fees and have developed an individual delivery system that cannot be processed by many warehouses. Their customer service does not deserve such a designation. I hate DHL.

I hate DHL.
My buddy worked as a manager at a DHL-owned warehouse for tires in Mississauga. DHL owned the warehouse, but had outsourced it to Continental Tires, who then outsourced management to his company. Things were so fucked up that they just closed the factory rather rapidly after he took over, because they were concerned at the gains being made in one warehouse compared to many others.

Back