Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Wow. Being hopeless at Maths myself, I can only admire people that have mastered it to the point of, well, Masters.
There's nothing more painful than memories for my Maths classes at school.
I have mastered it to the point of an Honours degree, not Masters. :p

mckindog, I think you'd fit in better with the Enemies of Reality.

Scottish Canadian, mind you. That probably explains why I'm not that easy to understand. :p

Hell, no. My grampa's grampa came to the states in the 1800s to work the coal mines, then followed that trade up here when he wasn't chasing gold up north.
Family has always kinda flown the colours for the old country though. Seems to be common with Scots over here, no matter how many generations removed.

You must be fifth generation then. I'd say that's a bit far down the line too still be clinging on to the Scottish part. :p The same sort of thing happens with people of Irish ancestry, especially in Glasgow.:rolleyes: There's also lots of American "Irish" people whose ancestors fled the potato famine but now they all want to have a say in what happens in Ireland in relation to the North and the Republic. That's like you and your family demanding a vote in an independence referendum.

Any idea where in Scotland your great-great-Grandfather was from?

I don't. I'm sure I've been told, but it never stuck.
My connection is limited to a particular fondness for The Clansman and an empty feeling every time the World Cup rolls around.
My dad and his brothers take it a little more seriously — bagpipe playing and tattoos of the family coat of arms.

Went to the state fair tonight, and Lynch Mob was there playing free with admission to the fair. Sad that there was only maybe 100 people there at the most. I wasn't a big fan at first, but they are absolutely amazing live! George Lynch's performance was killer! I got the pleasure of meeting him after the show, and he's a great down to earth guy.

Some people got poisoned and died from methanol from some shitty booze producer and from yesterdays evening we got a prohibition on everything higher than 20% alcohol. Didn't prevent my todays headache though.

Ha! Seems like fate with you on that, Flash!

It really does seem like that. Today we had a test which was made to put us in classes (there's only two of them and that is why the chances we ending up in the same class are high), I arrived the latest to the classroom and only empty chair was the one next to her (same desk), so we sat together, basicly. We had a little chance to chat afterwards but I'll wait for the school to tell her what we've talked about here. My missing for her has ended in a way that I certainly did not expect. :bigsmile:

Every time I dig out a Led Zeppelin album, I wonder why I don't listen to them more. I was totally into them when I was 17-19.

Every time I dig out a Led Zeppelin album, I wonder why I don't listen to them more.
Same here. They're one of my favorite bands. I pulled out Physical Graffiti yesterday and there was some great stuff I completely forgot about.

That seems to happen to me a lot. Zepplin, The Who, Sabbath. I kinda just don't play them for a while sometimes. I like it, tho, when I feel like I'm in a rut, I start looking for something I haven't heard in a month or two and fire it up.

I think, with Zepplin, its really fun to see the difference in how their sound changes.

Back