Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

______no5 said:
Yeap. He transforms the small everyday-life stories to something interesting. This is quality of an artist; writer, more precisely.

This actually reminds me of something else that happened to me the other day. As I mentioned earlier, I had a placement at the museum (which ended on Friday). Since it was a university thing, it was also combined with a colloquium. Said colloquium was rather useless for me, because I heard most of what they told us there before (the topic was "self marketing"). On the second day - a bloody Saturday after a great night out - all the students, 21 of them, had to hold a brief, five minute presentation in which they had to introduce themselves, say what their goals are and how they plan to achieve them. Afterwards, there was to be a brief feedback session in which the other students could say how they liked what they heard, what impression they had of you, what criticism they had, etc. With most people it went like this: They had their presentation, and then people said: "You seem nice and confident, your goal sounds decent, I believe you can achieve it."

So off I went, introducing myself, stating my goal and how I want to achieve it. I sat back down and the first comment came from a girl sitting opposite of me:

"I would like to start out by saying that you have a beautiful smile. It gives you a very pleasant appearance." (Imagine this said in German with a hybrid Lithuanian-Swiss accent.)

Second comment from the girl next to her:

"And you have a very nice, warm voice."

Third comment from a girl accross the room:

"I agree. It is very nice to listen to you, you have a very lovely way of telling things. I could imagine you being a great storyteller as well. But what is even more impressive is the way your eyes sparkle when you tell things you obviously have a passion for."

Some other confirmed that statement. Imagine me sitting there trying to remain moderate and appreciative.

Cazzo, in addition, women like you! Not a surprise, they always know! You are special, because you belong to the kind of people who choose their path, not simply follow. Plus, you are in a peak now and they can feel it.  

______no5 said:
you belong to the kind of people who choose their path, not simply follow.

Yeah, that's something I got a lot of appreciation for as well.

I actually enjoy hearing a few nice words currently, because I've had a very rough time since August (even if things have been on the up side all month this December). I usually don't like compliments and that sort of stuff at all, but it feels pretty good right now. And it also gives me a bit of a push to wrap things up at the university.

Perun said:
And then in the end he's gonna complain how everybody assumes that he likes basketball, just because he's black.

I take it you remember that I'm tall.
Man, today at work was brital. 650 people, and around 6 waiters. I was in charge of 5 tables, cleaning the food table and clearing the clearing stand, where other workers kep dumping crap on.
Hardest 2 hours of my life, followed by 3 more hours of lifting and carrying stuff.

So off I went, introducing myself, stating my goal and how I want to achieve it. I sat back down and the first comment came from a girl sitting opposite of me:

Were you wearing one of your Iron Maiden t-shirts for the presentation?

I started using that instinctivly because my teacher never sayd anything about the way I should pick.
But now I feel a bit stuck and wonder if changing to another method will help.

Back