Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Yeah, I totally understand.  I get kinda competitive, and it was really starting to piss me off.  Then I gave myself a stern talking to, to remind me that I was doing this to wind down, not wind up....Last night was much better!

Haha, I get competitive too, I just hate dickwads.  I dunno, I don't mind losing but I don't like idiots.  Whatever, eh?  Civ has many bots for me to kill.  Though everyone should buy it.

PS Futurama is coming back.

Woo hoo!!!  That is one of the best shows ever.  the first 5 discs that i got from netflix were Futurama.  I love that one with the 'universe in a box'.

I mite look into Civ.  If I recall, I can get that for Xbox or wii....

I always play as Ragnar, of the Vikings...  ;)

+1 gold on plots with 2 or more, +1 combat promotion for all melee units and the Berserker unique unit... ;)

I'll just have to look into that.  Tho, I'm kinda running outta room on the mac.  I'm gonna hafta lobotomize the old desk top so I have some place to put Per's boots.

External hard drive, Wasted. No reason to risk losing the boots if your computer dies. Anything worth keeping is worth keeping on a drive other than the one which holds your OS.

You are correct.  LC as an example should prove that to me.  I have looked at a lycie (sp?) that was a 500g and it was about $120 USD.  I think i'll invest in that.

Plus, it makes migration to a new computer quick and easy.

I also use it to move data between my two computers. The HD never moves - I only have to switch the USB cable from one box to the other.

Ah, slick!  I wonder how that will work with my mac-- i have one OSX, a gateway with Ubuntu, and (soon to be) desktop with windows XP.  I wonder if there is a way to convert my few AAC files into mp3's.  Loosey?

Ubuntu can read OS X Extended but XP cannot.  Only FAT 32 will work between all three.  AACs can be converted if iTunes is configured properly.

OK, cool.  I'll just have to look into it and figure it out.  Ok, seriously, i am really thinking about taking some IT type classes so I understand this stuff better.

Small sonet composers required to perform special services, apply to:

Frank Giblets and Pies Ltd
Twatish Villas
Tajikistan
Florida
CT4 9XX

Wasted CLV said:
I wonder if there is a way to convert my few AAC files into mp3's.  Loosey?
If you burn them to a CD as a CD-Audio, you can rip them back as an MP3 (at least, that's what I have done - but I have only 7/8 iTunes albums). As LC said, if iTunes is configured correctly, I dare say you could convert them there - but I've never attempted this on account that I rarely use iTunes, so I can't say either way.

God only knows how I have it configured... I'll just hafta look at it.
OK, where, exactly, would I find the convert function?

Lemme take a look.

1. Make sure to update your Mac to the newest versions of iTunes and OS X.  Go to Apple > Software Update.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Go to iTunes > Preferences > General.  Under "What to do when you insert a CD" click Import Settings.  In here choose MP3 in the encoder menu.
4. Click OK.
5. Click OK.
6. Select the songs to convert.
7. Go to Advanced > Convert to MP3.  This will convert the selection to MP3 and leave the AAC copy as well.

ok, thanks!!  If I hadn't said before, you are my hero!!

so, when it converts to mp3, and leaves the AAC, does that, then, increase the drive space?  I assume that it would double the amount of space needed.

dogigniter said:
Small sonet composers required to perform special services, apply to:

Frank Giblets and Pies Ltd
Twatish Villas
Tajikistan
Florida
CT4 9XX

How I love the brilliant gibberish of every Poochburner sighting.

Wasted CLV said:
ok, thanks!!  If I hadn't said before, you are my hero!!

so, when it converts to mp3, and leaves the AAC, does that, then, increase the drive space?  I assume that it would double the amount of space needed.

Less, AAC is larger than MP3.  You can delete the AAC copy after.

Back