Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

BTW, you were right Yax- Ripper was the first opening act. He was billed nowhere, though.

Loosey---  I think you told me to use the AKM, cause it always works? (I was in the middle of killing someone when i saw your message).  I had been using the P90, almost religiously;  last night I started using the M4 with a grenade launcher.  works well!!

See, that's one thing that bothers me about games.  The guns never jam.  Never, ever.  The P90 is a good gun but it doesn't have the killing power of an assault rifle.  M4 is a good gun, but really, I want to carry a 7.45mm or a 7.62mm rifle.

Yax:

It's actually happened several times that I went to a gig without knowing that there were actually two support bands, let alone who the first one was. It was a pleasant surprise, though.

He played two Priest tracks - The Ripper and Green Manalishi. He also played two tracks off his new album and Scream Machine He did get the audience going with the two Priest tracks, even though hardly anyone knew who he was, apparently.

LooseCannon said:
See, that's one thing that bothers me about games.  The guns never jam.  Never, ever.  The P90 is a good gun but it doesn't have the killing power of an assault rifle.  M4 is a good gun, but really, I want to carry a 7.45mm or a 7.62mm rifle.

I think that is the cool thing about COD5, cause the weapons are supposed to jam up and misfire on occasion.  And you are right-- I am finding that a person has to really consider the weapon for the size of the map.  for interior, smaller maps with upclose fighting, the p90 works well.  for larger maps with greater fighting distances, there are other guns that work better.  On the Hardcore matches, the guns matter quite a lot, cause they mimick real life situations.

Yeah, I still would prefer in most situations an AKM or an M14, though.

And I've played CoD5, and never had a gun jam.

Ah, well, see what I know?  I haven't played 5 yet--just a short demo.  I have one gun set with a AK... I don't think I have opened the M14 yet.. i'll have to check.

I'm just talking in general now, not necessarily in the game.  Though the M14 is a common special ops weapon with US forces.

I should be, but I'm not, excited about the extremely imminent England game - against Andorra (kick off 20:15BST). If England don't win tonight, I'll stop drinking for the rest of the week.

Albie said:
I should be, but I'm not, excited about the extremely imminent England game - against Andorra (kick off 20:15BST). If England don't win tonight, I'll stop drinking for the rest of the week.

Should you be? The population of Andorra can fit into Wembley one and a half times, and they've stated their intention to line up on the edge of their area and foul their way to a 0-0. Hardly a fair or exciting contest.

Having said that, I'm hoping for at least 5 goals, and at least two from Rooney.

national acrobat said:
Having said that, I'm hoping for at least 5 goals, and at least two from Rooney.
Well, you got your two from Rooney - but had he not come off at half-time, he could have gotten more.

The internet: it was intended to help people...

fail-owned-myspace-fail.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back