Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It's interesting to watch this and have an emotional reaction as if the woman is bullying a toddler.

Also:

There's a scene further into this one where a 4-legged robot is kicked, and there's something about how its legs scramble to keep it upright that really makes it feel like the guy just kicked a dog.

Interesting how our brains must identify vulnerable creatures largely by the way they move, moreso than how they look.

So yesterday as I was relaxing on the beach a very old man with a heavy Russian accent approaches me with a certain desperation on his face and asks me if I want to play chess. I thought I heard something wrong and I asked "Chess"?

Da. Puts his hand in a plastic bag and pulls out some pawns.

Although I found his request noble and wanted to satisfy him, I denied, I mean given his obvious chessolism this guy would have demolished me in 20 moves. It wouldn't be challenging for him at all.

Before leaving he identified as Ukrainian from Odessa. There are plenty of Russian/Ukrainian-like speakers all over the place in Thailand.

Courbéti in Greek is a nearly slang word to describe the Market or your professional word.

I.e., he is well known in the courbéti. Originally from Turkish “curbe” = exile, foreign land

Anyway, happy birthday :hbd: @Courbet :D

I'm curious to see if anybody will guess or know what this is

View attachment 25188

Funnily enough, the same day I saw this post I took my younger one to pediatrician and she had this tattooed on her wrist (but it was the revealed one, with elephant inside).

I think I'm one of those rare ones that has no feelings for "Little Prince". Kids say it's either stupid or best both they've read.

I once asked a (French) teacher of French literature which she considers the most significance (French) book ever. She answered The Little Prince and astonished me.

It’s funny how people online review the durability of items.

Looking for a hiking backpack: “It’ll last you for years unless you’re throwing it off cliffs.”

Looking for a guitar amp: “The thing is built like a tank and will survive anything unless you’re planning to drop a nuclear bomb on it.”

Back