Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

How's that? There was no live interaction?
The interviewer was pre-recorded. They asked a question, then I got 30 seconds before my recording slot started. Apart from the idea of looking the interviewer (webcam) in the eye, it was pretty pointless, they could have just put the question on the screen in text, which they did anyway.

It did mean I couldn't pre-prepare my answers fully. However, they were asking very bland competency questions, we had a candidate pack which basically showed what behaviours we had to demonstrate as part of our answers. The whole process was very wooden and I wouldn't be surprised if the candidates personal attributes and manner was completed disregarded, as long as they tick the boxes of demonstrating the right behaviours.

In theory it should be easy to pass, but they throw you off by the way they ask the question. They ask you to answer by presenting an account of a particular type of scenario you've been in, and you have to rack your brain for one that actually includes all the elements of the behaviours they want you to demonstrate.

V silly form of recruitment that people frequently cheat on by getting a previously successful candidate or a recruitment manager from the same organisation to coach them in and help structure their answers in advance. Happily, I can say I did mine entirely by myself. I scored very highly on the written competency part of the application, so fingers crossed for the interview. A £6k pay rise would be welcome. :D

Random question: At what point does a nap no longer qualify as a nap? Because I just took a "nap" on my couch that lasted for 6 hours. I just woke up, only to realize that it's now time for me to go to bed for real.

Random question: At what point does a nap no longer qualify as a nap?
That’s an interesting question, and I’m not sure there’s a definitive answer. For me, I’d say that anything spanning less than one full sleep cycle is a nap, and anything longer than that is sleep. But I have long sleep cycles (~2.5 hours), so someone with a much shorter cycle might disagree.

Because I just took a "nap" on my couch that lasted for 6 hours. I just woke up, only to realize that it's now time for me to go to bed for real.
Sorry, bud, but you slept.

Random question: At what point does a nap no longer qualify as a nap? Because I just took a "nap" on my couch that lasted for 6 hours. I just woke up, only to realize that it's now time for me to go to bed for real.
If a nap is longer than a regular nap but shorter than a regular sleep it´s called a neep.
If a nap is shorter than a regular nap but longer than a regular sleep you just need a slap.

I killed about a hundred villagers in Age of Empires last night. Now I'm in the office, take off my headphones and hear someone groan in similar fashion outside. For a moment I really thought someone died, but it actually came from the beach volleyball field next to the window.

I killed about a hundred villagers in Age of Empires last night. Now I'm in the office, take off my headphones and hear someone groan in similar fashion outside. For a moment I really thought someone died, but it actually came from the beach volleyball field next to the window.
Roggan?

It's the sand I guess, coarse and rough and irritating and getting everywhere.
smile-handsome.gif

Back