Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Happy birthday, Dennis Stratton!
Raising a glass to you,
Man he is almost as old as Nicko. 4 months and 3 days younger.

edit:

huh?! what a coincidence!

Last edited:

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
The two last times I've had a workout in the gym at work, I've finished the session with a 3000m run on the treadmill.

Both times, the shuffle function of my phone's music app has made Hell On Earth appear while I was running. How fitting.

____no5

The Angel Of The Odd
@Dr. Eddies Wingman To be fair 23:58 isn't a piece of cake for me either. 26:00 is easy, 25:00 is fast, anything below 24:00 is a world of pain.

EDIT: I trained super hard to break the 22:00 mark by August 15th, but my training was interrupted for a week 20 days prior and I pretty much lost it ever since. Fitness is a very fragile asset.

Last edited:

____no5

The Angel Of The Odd
I'm running 5 days a week starting at 6:00 -6:30 am. Weekdays 5-7k, Weekends 7 -15k.

There are 3 places in the proximity of my home that I can run uninterrupted -no traffic lights, cars etc- most distant (and best) being 12 minutes away by bicycle. That is Dankest Hour +Death of the Celts, including elevator, locking the bicycle, warming up and such.

Last edited:

Zare

Uniformly distributed hostility
f93swndh94t71.jpg

Magnus

Pica Serdica
Not a lot of people know that, but the first poem by a Neanderthal author to be ever successfully deciphered by recent innovative techniques says, in an approximate Modern English translation,

Why write when everything's already written?
Why play when everything's already played?
Why think when everything's already thought up?
Why fuck when everything's already fucked up?

Which throws light upon the question how our own species, an intruder from warmer lands, managed to succeed eventually.
And, also, why attitude does matter.
Papers in Science or Nature to be expected in the near future, but don't forget you heard it here first.

giratina

Educated Fool
Not a lot of people know that, but the first poem by a Neanderthal author to be ever successfully deciphered by recent innovative techniques says, in an approximate Modern English translation,

Why write when everything's already written?
Why play when everything's already played?
Why think when everything's already thought up?
Why fuck when everything's already fucked up?

Which throws light upon the question how our own species, an intruder from warmer lands, managed to succeed eventually.
And, also, why attitude does matter.
Papers in Science or Nature to be expected in the near future, but don't forget you heard it here first.
I wonder how they manage to translate Neanderthal language (or any other ancient language) to English, does anyone here know the answer ?
Also, does this mean that writing was invented tens of thousands of years ago by Neanderthals, and not just around 3000 BC in Babylon or something ?