Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Mine was, I got the casebound book. Was your MP3 from Amazon? I didn't get an MP3 download with mine, nor could I find anything except Days of Future Past on Amazon Music.

I think there was some sort of cockup with the digital edition on Amazon. I bought it a couple of weeks ago, somehow ended up paying for TWOTW twice (they seem to have added it to my basket as a single in addition to the album), and then the download repeatedly failed. Customer services sent it to my Amazon account again and I managed to download it, but only got one shot at it and can't download it again.

When I looked at the page for the MP3 version, only the songs on the first disc were showing as available. I haven't tried streaming all of it on Amazon Music. Senjutsu and Stratego worked.

I find it fascinating how people can already write essays about what exactly in Senjutsu makes it the best/worst Maiden album ever, how minute 4 of song whatever is doing this or that for them... I remember that TBOS came out in September 2015 and the listening where it finally "clicked" with me for good was in July 2016. I'm in absolutely no rush to evaluate Senjutsu or give it my percentage scores. I have the rest of my life to spend with this album.

I'm listening it now while working. 9th time. Over-the-head earphones. In shuffle.
There's no weak song, sound is terrific. Some songs that I was less enthusiastic about i.e. Lost in a Lost World, Time Machine or Days of FP, I came to appreciate already.

The album keeps growing in a way no other album did.

Mine was MP3. I'm assuming the mini-refunds were something to do with the physical copy?
It's to do with changes in price and Amazon's "pre-order price guarantee" thing. Apparently the price dropped (which could be for all sorts of reasons) sometime between when @Edington and I put in our pre-orders and the release date when they actually sold it to us, so according to their own rules they have refunded us the difference. Maybe the MP3 prices don't vary in this way, because they are not subject to the same factors?

I didn't get an MP3 download with mine, nor could I find anything except Days of Future Past on Amazon Music.
From my understanding "Amazon Music" is the thing you get free with the Prime sub - you think they were going to give it away for free to that many people? ::)

To stream the whole album from Amazon you need Unlimited, which (in normal circumstances) is another paid sub. Rod needs to get on board with AutoRip ...

I find it fascinating how people can already write essays about what exactly in Senjutsu makes it the best/worst Maiden album ever, how minute 4 of song whatever is doing this or that for them... I remember that TBOS came out in September 2015 and the listening where it finally "clicked" with me for good was in July 2016. I'm in absolutely no rush to evaluate Senjutsu or give it my percentage scores. I have the rest of my life to spend with this album.

Not going to rush out with absolute opinions, but these lyrics...

In a tempest never shaken
Edge of doom is not mistaken
Countenance is not a sin
Gallant king, we bow to him

Does anyone have a clue why Steve has thanked so many former band and crew members in the sleeve notes? A specific reason, or was he just feeling nostalgic?

He met a lot of them in his house in Essex around Christmas 18 before they went into the studio, so I think that's the reason why.
So:

Dave Sullivan/Terry Rance/Tony Miles (guitars)
Tony Moore (Keyboards)
Paul Day/Blaze (vocals)
Doug Sampson/Paull Sears (drums)

+ Steve on bass ...

That's an entire other band right there. Exciting side project coming up??

Back