Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
tattooed millionaire came on spotify there. I've always assumed "fix your nose" to be referring to cocaine, but realised it could also be plastic surgery, anyone ever think it wasn't cocaine he meant?
Funnily enough, that’s one of the few lines in the song that I heard and never thought anything about, lol.

Jer

Yes, Yes, Another Beer!
Was required to share something “most people don’t know about you” at work today. I mentioned Adrian thanking me in the Chemical Wedding liner notes and got a pretty excited reaction out of one person from a different group who I didn’t know too well, who then commented “that was a way better album than Tattooed Millionaire!”

Black Abyss Babe

Quantum weather butterfly
"to get (one's) nose down" usually means "to concentrate" and "nose to the grindstone" means to work hard. Hence I assumed "fix your nose on the mess you're in" was just a poetic way of saying "sort yourself out!"

Perun

In the labyrinth of eternity
Staff member
Probably not a massive shocker in most places, but I think the thing that would surprise most people about me is that I have a shooting license.

bearfan

Ancient Mariner
Probably not a massive shocker in most places, but I think the thing that would surprise most people about me is that I have a shooting license.
Got me beat

When I was young (around 4) we went to Disneyland. Loved Disney parks ever since. My goal in life is to go to all the parks, been to CA about 100 times (lived fairly close to it for several years), Florida about 20 times, Paris twice, Hong Kong and Tokyo once. Shanghai is the only one I have not been to. I had hoped to go in 2020, but obviously COVID cancelled that, will try to get there one of these days.

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
I'm not sure if there's a surprising fact about me. I've been thinking about taking a firearms course!

Perun

In the labyrinth of eternity
Staff member
It's better to know a few things about guns than not, and you best learn those while acquiring a license. You can't guarantee that there won't be a situation in which it is good to know how to disable a gun or that someone is making a mistake while shooting that allows you to get to safety, and you might want to be able to distinguish the sound of a gun shot from that of a firecracker. I'm not expecting it to ever become necessary, but having had instructions on how to handle situations is always a good thing to have in your knowledge repository.
Also, having had a Kalashnikov in your hand and fired it helps you understand what's dangerous about these weapons.