Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

This is really bad. Singing the chorus to Tears of the Dragon with some wierd light head voice or something (He claims he's belting. Shittiest belting I've ever heard in that case). This guy studied with the same vocal coach Geoff Tate did. It's safe to say who was the more gifted student.

Wow.
I don't think he understands it, check out in the comments.

• Haha
Reactions: Yax
He really doesn't get how bad he sounds and gets angry if people don't think he sounds great.

Child in Time was ok though. That's a head voice song. But you can't sing Tears of the Dragon that way... Geeeez.

Is it even possible to belt while your tongue is stuck to lower yaw? It automatically starts being head voice. It's the annoying thing LaBrie does.

This is really bad. Singing the chorus to Tears of the Dragon with some wierd light head voice or something (He claims he's belting. Shittiest belting I've ever heard in that case). This guy studied with the same vocal coach Geoff Tate did. It's safe to say who was the more gifted student.
Must be something wrong with my ears because he actually sounds good to me.

I see James Labrie mentioned. The chorus sounds like LaBrie trying to sing like Bruce ... while having a cold.

This guy simply doesn't have the technique to sing that way. He sounds OK in the verses though.

Regarding his take on Child in Time, I think he sounds pretty good overall there, but the way he starts every "oooo" as the song progresses ... sounds silly. As if he swallows the sound and then remembers he needs to open up.

Regarding his take on Child in Time, I think he sounds pretty good overall there, but the way he starts every "oooo" as the song progresses ... sounds silly. As if he swallows the sound and then remembers he needs to open up.
And he's auto tuned a bit as well throughout.

If you keep this up he'll likely register an account to come in here and start bashing us. Seems like the kind of guy who googles his own name frequently.

Guy in an emergency meeting: Can we just shut down the storage grid?
Me: Haven't you seen what happens in Ghostbusters when they shut down the storage grid?

giphy.gif

He is belting, you can see it. He just seems to combine it with a head voice and if you look at his movements while doing so, it seems like he actually has no clue what he's doing. Or maybe he does, but then it's obvious he has no clue what Bruce is doing.

Back