Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Yeah. To be honest, I think that's a fair assessment of EOTC. The intro is beautiful, as is the verse and the lyrics. You climb quickly to the skies and the music itself sets the mood perfectly for the lyrics. But it quickly comes crashing down from the clouds just like the R101. :D

Yeah. To be honest, I think that's a fair assessment of EOTC. The intro is beautiful, as is the verse and the lyrics. You climb quickly to the skies and the song it sets the mood perfectly. But it quickly comes crashing down from the clouds just like the R101. :D
What did you expect: the Titanic fits inside.

but joking apart: EOTC is my favorite on TBOS.

You mean the title track? That's the only masterpiece on TBOS as far as I know of anyway. :p
Put yourself in Bruce's head. (Not literally). I think he's alluding to his favourite work on the album, even if he's mock taking the pee out of himself.

The song is good. There are better songs on the album. The instrumental part is not good, solos are one of the worst they ever did, it has no direction, it has boring rehash riff they use on every album, it has boring plodding beat, and until SOS comes in it's all filler.

Red and the black is complete ass tho. It has a nice few minutes in the instrumental section. The "main" song is bad, really bad.

So if they'd merge these two, EOTC main song with TRATB middle, it would be something.

There are far better songs on the album than these two. Eternity, the title track, TGU, Man of sorrows...

Myself, I'm comfortable singing down to D2 (the lowest note on a guitar tuned in Drop D). Below that - it works some days, other days it doesn't. Right now I made a G1 while playing along on guitar but I don't think it sounded that great.

ISO 3103 is a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (commonly referred to as ISO), specifying a standardized method for brewing tea, possibly sampled by the standardized methods described in ISO 1839.[1] It was originally laid down in 1980 as BS 6008:1980 by the British Standards Institution[2], and a revision was published in December, 2019 as ISO/NP 3103.[3] It was produced by ISO Technical Committee 34 (Food products), Sub-Committee 8 (Tea).

The protocol has been criticized for omitting any mention of prewarming the pot.[6] Ireland was the only country to object, and objected on technical grounds.[7]

I was once at a metal concert, I forget the band, but they were the opening band for Meshuggah... they played the above piece throuh PA right before they went on stage and then continued it playing and screaming their lungs out: KOYAAAAANISQATSI!

I was once at a metal concert, I forget the band, but they were the opening band for Meshuggah... they played the above piece throuh PA right before they went on stage and then continued it playing and screaming their lungs out: KOYAAAAANISQATSI!

May e it was Koyaanisqatsi, the band.

Those of you with a long memory for boring trivia may remember me posting this last November:
When we were kids my mother was adamant that Bach was the only music we should be listening to, and was absolutely convinced that "pop music" (which in her mind was everything from Elvis and The Beatles onwards) was going to hell in a basket, and we were forbidden to have any in the house (though obviously she couldn't prevent us hearing it elsewhere). But we quickly discovered that it was quite possible to antagonise a parent without openly flouting her "no pop" rule: we developed a taste for Tchaikovsky and Mozart. She hated that :lol:
Well, on my last "proper" visit before she died the last thing we did before I took my leave was sit down and listen to "Empire of the Clouds" together. At the end of the song I commented "I bet you weren't expecting that from heavy metal either" (referring to an earlier conversation in which she had expressed surprise at the emotional depth of "Como Estais Amigos" and "Coming Home"). Her reply was "I didn't hear heavy metal, just beautiful music."

I left thinking maybe, finally she understands ...

Back