Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I went running today. Fortunately we've had a streak of good weather in Oslo since the lockdown started, meaning it is possible to go outside and have som fresh air. And as I live near the woods, it's easy to do that without breaking the "1m from other people" rule. But I did meet quite a few people on the trails today.
You're only restricted to 1m? We have to keep 2m over here. And the Plods, having apparently nothing better to do, are wandering around telling people to go home.

Shops have limits on how many people can enter, so we end up doing the most British of things: queuing. Some shops are putting markers down 2m apart to guide shoppers. It's really frustrating when someone lingers at the same point in the shop and I'm stuck waiting 2m away!

Shops have limits on how many people can enter, so we end up doing the most British of things: queuing. Some shops are putting markers down 2m apart to guide shoppers. It's really frustrating when someone lingers at the same point in the shop and I'm stuck waiting 2m away!
Especially if they touch all the apples ... before buying pears.

In my area (in Finland), I've been surprised how little has changed. The recommended distance here is 1-2 meters, but people don't keep that in the grocery store and in the streets. (We're still allowed to go out.) People with any cold symptoms at all have been told not to go shopping, and I haven't actually seen any, so maybe that is different now. I know for a fact many people have had colds, the daycare is still open and so are schools for 7-9 -year olds, so I guess that's where people get it from. I'm always home, except for buying food and walks, so I guess my risk of catching a cold is extremely minimal. (Corona I'm not afraid of; even if I got it, I don't think it would be dangerous for me.)

I'm planning to start learning a new language over the holidays and I can't decide between German and Japanese. Could you all help decide?
German FTW.

My girlfriend and I have decided to learn Koine Greek since I found some books on it lying around in my house.

I'm thinking of German because I want to learn a Germanic/Romance language and am sick of French, while Japanese provides more of a challenge, expands my linguistic field of view, and lines up nicely with my preferred entertainment methods.

Back