Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Travis The Dragon

"Set yourself on fire as we remember this forever"
Well, I was born in 1975, but I didn't become a fan until 1987 so of course I'd have to become one at a younger age as well.

And holy shit! I just found out that Intellivision is back!

giratina

Nomad
A normal person's checklist if they had a time machine:

-Meet Socrates and ask for wisdom concerning the fucked up world we live in now
-Go to a Roman orgy
-Play a prank on Leonardo da Vinci while he's painting the Mona Lisa
-Watch Napoleon do something badass
-Kill Baby Hitler
-Stop 9/11
-Prevent some mistake I did in the past

My checklist if I had a time machine:

-Ask an ancient scribe if the third letter in the second word from the fifth line in verso of leaf 5 from manuscript A341 is an alpha or an omicron
-Ask another ancient scribe why the fuck he never closes the loop in the rho in his inscriptions when chronologically speaking he should be doing it
-Ask the scribe of manuscript ea if he made a mistake with this weird hapax legomenon and kill him if he didn't
-Travel to the year 133 CE and ask a random guy what year it is in his calendar
-Inspect Temple 2 and see if the walls have crenelation or not
-Ask a guy posing for a bas relief in 260 CE what language he speaks
There is no need to kill baby Hitler, I have a feeling that if you participate in a Roman orgy then some weird buttefly effect will turn Hitler into a hero.

Saapanael

Doing his best for a better tomorrow
What’s wrong with Killers? It’s not the most memorable Maiden album but dang does it have energy.

Brigantium

Paladin of Voltron
Staff member
Actually, my issue with Killers is just the style in general. It seems like a backward step, not a progression into 80s metal.

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
I concur with the last speakers, but I think in addition to the title track, Genghis Khan and Murders in the Rue Morgue are great songs. And despite the flak I've given Maiden over the years for replacing other songs with Wrathchild ... I really enjoy the song as part of the album.

In other news, I found that one of the departure waypoints from Oslo Airport was earlier named GOTUR, which is funny because it's obviously a shortening of god tur (have a nice trip). One of the current departure routes is called RIBBE after a much cherished Christmas dish.

Brigantium

Paladin of Voltron
Staff member
There's one around here called UVAVU, which is also the word Vic Reeves uses to summon the Dove From Above on game show Shooting Stars. If you don't already know what this is, don't bother to look it up, it makes no sense to anyone other than Vic Reeves fans.

LooseCannon

Yorktown-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
I concur with the last speakers, but I think in addition to the title track, Genghis Khan and Murders in the Rue Morgue are great songs. And despite the flak I've given Maiden over the years for replacing other songs with Wrathchild ... I really enjoy the song as part of the album.
Those would be the other three songs I was thinking of, yes.