Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

And now, after starting in Czechia alone, then spending 40 days with my amazing Greek roommates, I have been left alone again until Thursday when I go back home. Funny how quickly things have come full circle, and very very sad. This exchange semester has been a tease. It built up nicely, had its peak too early and then came crumbling down.

So are any of the guys here, especially those of you who are able to work from home and don't have to worry about going out in public anytime soon, planning on growing out some badass "quarantine beards"?

I am thinking more about the opposite. I haven't been clean shaven since 2007 and consider trying that. If I don't like how I look, there's a good chance I'll be able to grow my regular beard length back before we are allowed back to the office ... :D

(In 2007 I let it grow untrimmed for five months before shaving. Towards the end of the five months, I am sure I would have been rejected at the gate had I tried to board a plane to the US ...)

I am not. I shaved yesterday morning and got my hair cut in one of the last barbers still open this morning. I still have to do video calls with colleagues and go out to the shops.

But how big is your emergency stash of Weetabix...?
It's pretty good actually! I got a big box last weekend and took some home from work on Friday so I am well stocked up. I also have a couple of boxes of alternative cereal so I don't get fed up of Weetabix.

So are any of the guys here, especially those of you who are able to work from home and don't have to worry about going out in public anytime soon, planning on growing out some badass "quarantine beards"?
My beard is probably gonna look the same as it always does, but I will not cut my hair at the hairdresser until this all clears up. Maybe I'll cut it myself when the weather gets too hot, but that won't be soon. I haven't gone more than 1.5-2 months without a haircut since 2015.

I had already been growing my hair out as a self-punishment (because it looks bad when I do so) and it has grown to the point where it'd be inconvenient for me to shave it myself. With hairdressers off the table, I'll have to wait a while even if I meet the conditions I've set myself to lift the self-punishment. Kind of ruined the punishment, because a big part of it was forcing myself to go out while looking like that.

Back