Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'm not impressed with the performance of the refrigerator in my new apartment. Temperature seems to be 7-9 °C in most parts of it.

Unsure if that's because it's installed inside a closed compartment (i.e. poor air flow around it) or because the refrigerator itself is not the greatest.

Really hope I won't have to start my life in this new place with buying a new fridge or make a costly rebuild of the compartment in which it stands ...

I'm not impressed with the performance of the refrigerator in my new apartment. Temperature seems to be 7-9 °C in most parts of it.

Unsure if that's because it's installed inside a closed compartment (i.e. poor air flow around it) or because the refrigerator itself is not the greatest.

Really hope I won't have to start my life in this new place with buying a new fridge or make a costly rebuild of the compartment in which it stands ...
Air flow is key for a fridge, so I would start there. Could just be dirty coils too, pull that beast out and inspect it, clean it, then leave it partially out of the compartment for a bit to see if that improves performance.

The 1944 record of the highest temperature (measured) in the Netherlands was broken today. Today it was 39,4 degrees Celsius in the city of Eindhoven.

The previous record was 38,6, measured in the town of Warnsveld.

It could even be hotter tomorrow, is expected. Jaaiks.

Air flow is key for a fridge, so I would start there. Could just be dirty coils too, pull that beast out and inspect it, clean it, then leave it partially out of the compartment for a bit to see if that improves performance.
I think I'll do that, once I get a bit more order in this apartment (i.e. after I'm finished moving all my stuff from the old one, unpacking what is to be unpacked, etc). But I also have been able to find the manual, and it does recommend bigger openings for ventilation than what has been made here.

So even a tip top fridge wouldn't be too happy with the air flow, that's my assumption.

I think I'll do that, once I get a bit more order in this apartment (i.e. after I'm finished moving all my stuff from the old one, unpacking what is to be unpacked, etc). But I also have been able to find the manual, and it does recommend bigger openings for ventilation than what has been made here.

So even a tip top fridge wouldn't be too happy with the air flow, that's my assumption.
The stupidest arrangement I ever encountered was a custom-made alcove lined with polystyrene - no ventilation at all. Some people clearly have absolutely no idea how a fridge works ...

Deliberate insulation of the surroundings of the fridge? As an engineer I get allergic reactions to such madness ...

In other news, I also found out the overflow opening in my kitchen sink was not connected to a pipe ... so when I lowered a large pan into the water, there was water in the cabinet below :censored: I guess I can connect it myself, but who ignores stuff like that? We are not amused!

Last edited:
I wish I would have gotten my sister more into my stuff. She did get into bands like Underoath, As I Lay Dying, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, and As I Lay Dying so at least she likes some metal.

Back