Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I wrote four e-mails this morning. According to my outbox that is 1/3 of the amount I wrote in June.

I know I shouldn't be asking this really, but out of sheer curiosity, a.k.a. scientific interest, how many of you brothers and sisters saw the Depeche Mode reference behind the silly pun?
#BeHonest
I stripped my brain down and realized that I noticed no pun. I still notice no pun; guess I'll just have to trust you in good faith.

I know I shouldn't be asking this really, but out of sheer curiosity, a.k.a. scientific interest, how many of you brothers and sisters saw the Depeche Mode reference behind the silly pun?
#BeHonest
Now that you mention it, I do remember that they had a song called "walking in my shoes" (which wasn't one of their better ones). But I had not made any connection between that and your post. It's kind of a generic figure of speech, isn't it?

I do remember that they had a song called "walking in my shoes" (which wasn't one of their better ones). But I had not made any connection between that and your post. It's kind of a generic figure of speech, isn't it?
:( I love that song. I think it's among their best, in fact.

Depeche Mode's most famous song. You must have heard it at some point:
Most famous? In 1986, maybe.

This is by far their most famous one:

Considering joining a gym purely to use their swimming pool. It's a bit expensive considering I'll probably only go once a week, and they inist on extras like multi gym membership and personal trainer sessions. I'd hate a bloody personal trainer.

I did that for some time, they don't insist on personal training but I paid for the gym I didn't use. Just because they have exclusive 3 swimming lanes on the public pool, and the pool is open for public maybe a few hours daily split between morning and afternoon. Which is inconvenient. And the pool authorities can't just f you off if the pool(s) are taken by waterpoloists, jumpers and pro swimmers, or just being under maintenance. So I had an opportunity to be alone in an olympic 50m pool. I remember swimming with my head down and just thinking does this shit ever end.

Back