Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Going flying in the C172 tomorrow. A bit overwhelming that not only is it the first flight in a new type, it's also my first flight in an aircraft with the G1000 digital cockpit (looks more or less like this):

ivw_cockpit_med-1030x687.jpg

Horse invites a donkey to come over for coffee. Donkey notices a bunch of trophies and medals on the shelf. The horse tells him - "all mine. See those two medals? Well they are from Olympic games". The donkey is highly impressed, but isn't sure how to outbrag the horse. Tomorrow when the horse comes over to his place, he notices a picture of a zebra on the wall. The donkey explains - "That's me when I was a centerhalf for Juventus FC"

Thanks everybody.

Woohoo! Congrats!!!

Do you know what's next? The Perun route of years and years more university?

Nope, straight to work. I combined my last year of uni with freelance work, and I'll just keep at it. Don't know whether I'll get a stable gig in the future or just remain freelance. Depends on the sustainability of my monthly income.

Steven Adler has been hospitalised after stabbing himself in the stomach:confused:
Talk about an appetite for destruction.

I combined my last year of uni with freelance work, and I'll just keep at it. Don't know whether I'll get a stable gig in the future or just remain freelance. Depends on the sustainability of my monthly income.
What are you freelancing again? I feel you've told us before, but I forget.

In other news, the C172 did actually feel quite different to fly. Compared to the Aquila it felt steadier in the turbulence, but also a bit more sluggish on the controls. I felt I had to work a bit more to maneuver it.

However, it was very cool to engage the autopilot and see how it worked to keep course and altitude. I'll have another round with the instructor next week, to work on landings (we didn't get enough time today to do many landings, and the conditions were a bit rough). Other airwork, and operation of the digital cockpit, was fine.

Back