Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I used to love it for years and years. Had all the VHS's as a kid, the wooden railways, room decorations, went to the Thomas events at the preserved railways, had the games, the whole lot really

Top quality TV!

Maybe because I don’t like the idea of giving up my childhood completely? I don’t care what’s cool or not, I run by my own code and live my own life and don’t give a fuck about opinions that run counter to it. If I stopped to think about what everyone thinks of me behind my back I would have killed myself a long time ago.
Hold that thought Diesel - it will save you from a miserable life and a premature old age. Just so long as your "own code" isn't too hedonistic or selfish (which would just lead to the same conclusion, by a slightly more circuitous route ...)

Caring too much about other people's opinions (or worse, trying to derive your sense of yourself from what you think others think about you) is poison to the mind. Notwithstanding that you need to be considerate of the people around you, ultimately you need to be true to yourself. I'm glad you've worked that out so early. At your age, I was suicidal ...
That still doesn't lead me to understand how an 18 year old can talk about this show like it's cool. I'm sorry if I'm being harsh here, but I can't comprehend this.
But he didn't say it was cool, just that he liked it as a kid and still likes it now. I think this is laudable. Like when Ritchie Blackmore said he likes Abba - he didn't care if that was cool or not, and good for him.

When I was a little kid my favourite book was the story of a bee called Buzzywing. It was a Blackie Easy Reader - about the same size as a Ladybird book but with more actual words and more simple illustrations. I couldn't read in those days so I used to carry it round, pestering the adults in my life until they agreed to read it to me. A few years ago I tracked down a second hand copy (I paid some silly money for it) and I still read it from time to time. It's not pure nostalgia - there's an element of recalling a simpler time when I had less to worry about but basically I still read it because I still find the actual story engaging. "The owl who was afraid of the dark" is another example of a book from my early childhood that I still enjoy reading.

To quote CS Lewis: "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness." If you like it, then it's cool for you.

Last edited:
It's a big day for @Travis The Dragon and @Collin today...

hitler__s_birthday_by_panther_and_zzrustik-d4x2y29.png

Stay chilled dudes!

Back