Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Discussion in 'Community' started by The Ancient Mariner, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon Rob Halford=Metal God/Bruce Dickinson=God Of Metal

I'm very sorry for your loss Bearfan. I also wish you the best of luck with your current situation.

bearfan likes this.
  2. Ariana

Ariana Black-and-white leopard

bearfan likes this.
  3. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

@Dr. Eddies Wingman the last few days must have been perfect flying conditions in Norway. You've got that high pressure keep the sky clear and the winds light. Sadly for the UK it's giving us easterly winds which carry your cold air over the North Sea. <_<

[​IMG]

4. Black Abyss Babe

Black Abyss Babe Ocean soul

Sorry to hear about your dad. Parental relationships can be complicated, I'm sure I'll have entirely mixed feelings when my mother finally goes. I'm glad you and your dad worked it out and got fifteen good years together at the end. That's very important, whatever went before.

But regarding your present concerns, are you sure you need to remove the tenants before you can sell? In the UK it's entirely possible to sell rental properties with sitting tenants - the purchaser agrees to take on the existing tenancies. It's happened with a couple of properties I've rented in the past, and I've also seen it at work in accounts I've prepared for landlords. And some potential landlords actually like that because it saves them the trouble of finding the tenants themselves.

Alternatively, it might be worth your while appointing an agent to run the properties and collect the rents on your behalf. There are property management companies that exist solely for that purpose. Rental properties are generally purchased as an investment rather than for the income (or indeed any interest in the process of running them), and it would be a pity to cash that in before you need to. Good luck!

bearfan likes this.
  5. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

That is a good thought, I am not sure how doable it is. Once my Dad retired, he was more interested in steady rent and not having to do much (thus retired), so the tenant is paying a really low rent for the area, but my Dad still made money on it because his property taxes were capped under Prop 13 and he owned the house outright. If someone bought it, with the property tax increase (probably $10K more a year) and if they have a mortgage, they would need to at least double (maybe triple) his rent to turn any kind of profit .. and that would actually be in line with the area.

Black Abyss Babe likes this.
  6. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

Affirmative :D

Even better, it's expected to last well into next week!

7. Zare

Zare Automaton Sovietico

My condolences bearfan :|

bearfan likes this.
  8. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

My condolences as well bearfan.

bearfan likes this.
  9. Perun

Perun Stepping out bravely Staff Member

My hearftelt sympathies, bearfan.

bearfan likes this.
  10. Edington

Edington More Than Two Problems

Black Abyss Babe likes this.
  11. Collin

Collin Flying By Night

12. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Barstool Warrior

I normally don't watch golf, but Tiger Woods might actually win the Masters. :eek: He's in the lead now with 3 holes to go.

13. Perun

Perun Stepping out bravely Staff Member

14. Brigantium

Brigantium Grim Reaper Staff Member

Got all of them, but only guessed wildly at 11, and was taking the piss when I guessed at 5.

15. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Barstool Warrior

Tiger pulls it off!! He's won a major again for the first time since 2008!

16. Collin

Collin Flying By Night

000A8BCF-B578-4843-88EE-D26CDD132035.jpeg

Added a new sticker to my car. Went with AMOLAD.

17. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

@Lampwick 43 Congratulations on the promotion, my friend!
    @Dr. Eddies Wingman Sounds like your flight adventures continue apace!
    @Jer @Travis The Dragon I bugged out to Vegas just as the snow started in Ottawa. Suckers.
    @bearfan Condolences, my friend. I know it has been coming for awhile, but I'm glad you got the time with him that you did. As for the tenant, that's going to be a hard conversation, but I suspect he knows it's coming.

18. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

Ah, that's where you've been.

19. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

20. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Needed a break from you lot.

Perun likes this.