Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I understood some of those words. Would you say that Thunderbird is safer than Outlook for data encryption?

The default workflows in Thunderbird are safe as is. Your question is a bit vague so I'll try - in the realm of data transmission both support and don't have problems with crypto extensions to the mail protocol, of which there are a few. In the realm of data storage that's not up to the mail application anyway - something else should manage the encrypted data storage, such as plain Windows disk encryption utility in the least of ways.

If you're looking for pros to present to your boss, rest assured there have been a number of nasty Outlook exploits in the last years while Thunderbird's record is far better.

I'm sorry dudes I reply to question without checking if the topic changed meanwhile :) @Edington check CPU usage in task manager, go to the process tab, click to show all processes as admin, sort them by CPU usage and report the worst offenders here. Until then nerdfest out.

I'm sorry dudes I reply to question without checking if the topic changed meanwhile :) @Edington check CPU usage in task manager, go to the process tab, click to show all processes as admin, sort them by CPU usage and report the worst offenders here. Until then nerdfest out.

Fan's still making a racket with only the task manager open. Top is HP Touchpoint Analytics Client, hovering around 80 - 85% CPU usage. Next is the task manager itself at about 1%.

fire.gif

Nah you rarely need that OEM bloat. It's downloadable anyway. I vote deinstall.

Edit : besides, google that application name, it's famous

What's more funny is that this is HP's spyware running loops over Eddingon's personal data :D

I just checked the Task Manager on my laptop and there are several Chrome processes running - however, most of them are not using much CPU/memory.

Anyway, gotta go to bed. Up early tomorrow, the electrician will arrive at 07:30 to replace a broken thermostat (for my bathroom floor heating).

Back