Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Bit late, but Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg passed away from ALS this week. He was only 57, that's no age.

Love that programme, been quoting it nearly my whole life so far and probably won't stop. Funnily enough, the Spongebob Movie was one of my earliest exposures to heavy metal, Motörhead rerecorded their song "You Better Run" (as "You Better Swim") for it.

RIP Stephen. :(

Closest I’ve been to asking a girl out but I didn’t do it. She’s the one who has a boyfriend so I’m almost certain she’d say no but idc, I need to do it for myself. Next week is the last time I have a class with her, it’s then or never. Today would’ve been better though because there was a good opportunity and the film festival I would’ve invited her to will be over by next week. My stomach is making me sick atm.

Closest I’ve been to asking a girl out but I didn’t do it. She’s the one who has a boyfriend so I’m almost certain she’d say no but idc, I need to do it for myself. Next week is the last time I have a class with her, it’s then or never. Today would’ve been better though because there was a good opportunity and the film festival I would’ve invited her to will be over by next week. My stomach is making me sick atm.
What if her boyfriend finds out and flips and then proceeds to kick you in the dick? Would that also make you sick? My advice would be to forget about attached women. It can only lead to trouble. Gut wrenching heartache is a part of life, no point getting a literal kick in the dick on top of it.

What if her boyfriend finds out and flips and then proceeds to kick you in the dick? Would that also make you sick? My advice would be to forget about attached women. It can only lead to trouble. Gut wrenching heartache is a part of life, no point getting a literal kick in the dick on top of it.

I guess it has most to do with never having asked anyone out. I’m tired of being afraid to talk to girls I like, there have been so many I’ve just watched and let pass. Maybe if I asked someone out once, it would be much easier in the future.

Call me old fashioned but I don't like the idea of going after somebody's partner. I mean, if she says yes then there were clearly some problems in that relationship but what about the other person? How well would you take it if someone came along and just took your partner from you?

I've been there. Head over heels in love with a girl and I was convinced that it would work between us, only for another guy to come out of nowhere and beat me to it. Did I want her to ditch him and come to me instead? Damn right I did, I used to tell myself that it would all be over between them in X amount of weeks and we would be together. But no matter how much I may have hated him I never tried to push her into anything she may not have wanted. I guess I'm not that cruel.

I guess it has most to do with never having asked anyone out. I’m tired of being afraid to talk to girls I like, there have been so many I’ve just watched and let pass. Maybe if I asked someone out once, it would be much easier in the future.

I finished typing just as you posted this, now I look like I was being a little hostile to you. For that, I am sorry.

Why don't you start thinking of those girls as people, and just chat to them? Stop worrying about asking them out. Nice girls aren't scary, honest!

Back