Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

You can see the same thing with Maiden and Metallica, actually. Metallica gets mentioned a ton on Maiden videos, but Maiden are seldom mentioned on Metallica videos.

Not in the same quantities tho. I seldom see Metallica comments on Maiden videos, they're all over the place on Megadeth videos.

The comment sections on Testament videos often descend into arguments about whether or not Metallica sold out. People get very angry about it and I don't understand why.

Just moments ago I read a comment on a Dream Theater video that said "James Hetfield can't play like this". It's as if Metallica is the elephant in the room for anything metal for those people.

a-16000.jpg
:eek:

Question: Can an artist have more than one masterpiece or is a masterpiece something you can only have one of?

I’ve been kicked in the crotch (not literally) from someone who sees nothing but black and white and I’m curious to know what you guys think.

It’s an overused word imo. There are better ways to describe music you like. Not that I’m saying there aren’t good ways of using it, but a lot of times it just looks like hyperbole.

To answer the question directly, and still semi-related to the point I’m making, I think it makes sense for it to be something you can only have one of. I’m going to take the opinion of someone who calls Rime Maiden’s single masterpiece a bit more seriously than someone who calls everything Steve touches a masterpiece.

I need to pick a slava 'cause we get a day off for that. I will pick one that isn't on a weekend in the next 3-4 years.

Back