Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Isn't it great when you make toast, but you make it just right. Perfect toastiness, perfect butter, just perfect deliciousness all round really
You need to use actual butter though - any of those pathetic "butter substitute" soft spreads just makes the toast go all soggy, thus wasting all your effort. Plus try getting the Marmite to stick ... :eek:

Bit of venting, but when it rains it pours. Buying Maiden tickets was good therapy though

Found out my Dad has cancer yesterday, he is about to turn 70 ... they caught it early ... looking promising, but obviously the treatments are nothing to look forward to. He lives in San Diego, so I will be commuting back and forth from there.

This morning, my Mother in Law .. who has Parkinsons, fell ... I drove over to help and pick her up. Turns out she has a broken hip, surgery tomorrow. She has other health issues besides that, so anything with general anesthesia is a pretty big risk .. but no real option.

Getting old sucks

Bit of venting, but when it rains it pours. Buying Maiden tickets was good therapy though

Found out my Dad has cancer yesterday, he is about to turn 70 ... they caught it early ... looking promising, but obviously the treatments are nothing to look forward to. He lives in San Diego, so I will be commuting back and forth from there.

This morning, my Mother in Law .. who has Parkinsons, fell ... I drove over to help and pick her up. Turns out she has a broken hip, surgery tomorrow. She has other health issues besides that, so anything with general anesthesia is a pretty big risk .. but no real option.

Getting old sucks
Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best for both of them.

I've read that's supposed to be good for your playing somehow. I think it's a hindrance at times, sometimes I think I'm playing really clean, only to plug in and realise it's a noisy mess.

This was my 1000th post. Wish it was something more meaningful. Oh well.
It is, especially if you're playing with overdrive. Unplugged, you hear each note in its bare state, you hear how well it rings out and how your picking affects the sound.
I practice unplugged maybe 90% of the time. I feel that practicing with an amp should be more about tone than anything related to the technique of playing the guitar. If you're not coming out clean on your amp, there is probably some adjusting to be done on the amp itself or you need to work on the way you hold your pick. Or you're not playing as clean as you think you are.

Getting old sucks
I too am very sorry to hear about this. I'll pray that everything works out for the best.

Getting old sucks
Not good ... hoping for a good outcome for them both.

Back