Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Friend: Do you listen to vinyls?
Me: No, I don't have a record player. Thought about it, but probably not in the cards right now.
Friend: So you don't want these records I found?
Me: Probably not.
Friend: Oh I just remembered you liked the guy on the cover. *produces original pressing Piece of Mind vinyl in good shape*
Me: I changed my mind.

Probably good, IIRC Live After Death was the first gatefold they released (at lest in the US ... unless there was some deluxe release I was not aware of .. but I doubt it)

Probably good, IIRC Live After Death was the first gatefold they released (at lest in the US ... unless there was some deluxe release I was not aware of .. but I doubt it)
According to the internet, the UK/France releases of POM was gatefold, but nothing in North America. Anyway, she knew that's what was gonna happen, so she's gonna frame them for my birthday as a project.

According to the internet, the UK/France releases of POM was gatefold, but nothing in North America. Anyway, she knew that's what was gonna happen, so she's gonna frame them for my birthday as a project.

Cool ... I will take a pic of mine at some point .. but some other cool album art is to take a record and turn it into a clock like this:

Though mine is the 12" Two Minutes ... picture disc ... so the clock portion looks like it is coming out of Eddies finger.

the-beatles-The-White-album-vinyl-record-clock-c5bf75-60s.jpg

That's pretty fucking cool, dude.

.. also pretty cheap. The clock guts were under $10 ... I got the record for $5 (it has a big scratch and is unplayable). Took a few minutes to put together, since the record conveniently comes with a hold in the middle :)

.. anyway ... if you are framing the POM album cover, this might be a decent thing to do with the actual record if you are not going to play it .. and as a bonus, it tells the time :)

It was definitely a gatefold in Germany.

POM was also a gatefold release here in Brazil (my dad owns the original pressing). I assumed all were, never knew some pressings were regular.

My copy is a regular too. Pretty sure the 2014 represses of POM were gatefold.

Back