Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

First day back at work today after a week and a half holiday. Discovered that while I was away the techies had been in and "upgraded" all the software, so in addition to losing all my pinned files they had, for good measure, also deleted all my desktop shortcuts and all my quicklaunch buttons!

We also have a new internet connection which is worse than the old one ...

I can't turn my back, can I?!!?
:grumble:

Well @Black Abyss Babe, do you work for a major Canadian telecom?

Also, I hope the holiday was good!
Nah, they're something in UK accountancy. But I'm coming to the conclusion that it doesn't matter much who you work for, once they reach a certain size. They might as well just use the strapline "Never knowingly under-hyped and couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery"

Holiday was great, thanks. I got to visit some interesting places. Only trouble was I'd gone prepared for a late summer holiday but I ended up with an early autumn holiday. Net result - I needed more warm clothes than the single fleece I'd packed. I had to go and buy some more ...

No. First cold of the season. :(
Stay away from me.

Nah, they're something in UK accountancy. But I'm coming to the conclusion that it doesn't matter much who you work for, once they reach a certain size. They might as well just use the strapline "Never knowingly under-hyped and couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery"
The bureaucracy increases in order to justify an increase in bureaucracy.

Holiday was great, thanks. I got to visit some interesting places. Only trouble was I'd gone prepared for a late summer holiday but I ended up with an early autumn holiday. Net result - I needed more warm clothes than the single fleece I'd packed. I had to go and buy some more ...
More clothes are...good? Bad? And we don't get to find out aboot the interesting places? :D

It's when you watch cringe compilations till 5 am and wake up at 3:40 pm feeling like crap that you have to ask yourself what you're doing with your life.

Let's hope the colds never reach to Janick then. Not because there's anything particularly bad about Janick, but 10 colds in a season is not nice. And if you reach Nicko or Steve, it's time to check if something is seriously wrong in the immune system.

Also get well soon @Brigantium :)

4916f8d9c03c8c4cd0135884b882da01--black-metal-heavy-metal.jpg

So grandpa woke me up this morning and said he called the ambulance since his blood pressure is high and he's struggling to breathe. They took him to the urgent care, and later they told my dad that grandpa had water in his lungs which was weakening the heart and that if the therapy they gave him doesn't work, they'll have to hook him up to the ventilator... We went to visit a bit later without knowing what came out from all that, and thank Barlow, he was awake and breathing on his own and said he was getting better. He's 84, so he's definitely not in the clear yet, but after visiting him I feel better about his prospects, but this stuff is very serious for older people.

Back