Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I never pulled all nighters for exams ... if I did not know stuff the day before, odds are I was not going to pick it up that night. I tired to avoid the maxim of "why put off to the last minute what you can put off to the very last minute" and start studying a bit a few weeks in advance. That served me well with my grades and actually getting a decent amount of sleep .. which also helps

This just sucks ... especially given recent deaths

Glenn Frey, a founding member of the rock band the Eagles, died Monday in New York City, his publicist announced. He was 67.
Frey “fought a courageous battle” for the past several weeks, according to his publicist, but succumbed to complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia.
“Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide,” his publicist said.
An Eagles greatest hits collection from the mid-1970s and "Hotel California" are among the best-selling albums in history.
Frey's solo hits include "The Heat Is On" and "Smuggler's Blues."

God damn it's cold. Below zero this morning. This might sound funny to some continental dwellers, but when Bora wind blows there's no way of saving yourself from the freezing gusts, apart of walking in a spacesuit. There was a whirlwind, not so common, few days ago. Ripped up some traffic signs and lights and couple of trees. Real damage will happen if these temperatures stay low and hurricane starts.

I hate January and February. Slight post-holiday 'depression' (more like boredom), short day, cold, dark, weather mostly not suitable for anything outdoor, financial issues due to excessive spending throughout December :) etc...

Fuck that .. supposed to be mid 60sF here today .. much better. I liked living in Illinois, but anything below 10 (30 if it is windy)... no go

Watching the US Democratic debate on YouTube. Nice! It gets really sharp during Wall Street.
When I hear what all these candidates want, I wholeheartedly hope they'll beat whoever Rep opponent.

God damn it's cold. Below zero this morning. This might sound funny to some continental dwellers, but when Bora wind blows there's no way of saving yourself from the freezing gusts, apart of walking in a spacesuit. There was a whirlwind, not so common, few days ago. Ripped up some traffic signs and lights and couple of trees. Real damage will happen if these temperatures stay low and hurricane starts.

I hate January and February. Slight post-holiday 'depression' (more like boredom), short day, cold, dark, weather mostly not suitable for anything outdoor, financial issues due to excessive spending throughout December :) etc...
12552543_985272288205768_1623965432745831302_n.jpg

You went 40 C down when you entered the place? Whoa!

But I guess that's how it has to be in Canada. Canadians don't survive for too long when it's warm, so they must have -20 inside.

Last edited:
Canada gave us Grace Under Pressure, with all those cold, icy synths, so -20 is, like, springtime for them, man...

Once, I went from 20 to -20 in a few seconds (entering a McDonalds in Montreal; It didn't feel good and I wasn't hungry anymore).

You're lucky you didn't have a heart failure. Jesus.
My first association to cold is Frankfurt couple of days before Christmas, 6 AM, outside in summer clothing.

Back