Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well.... hate to change the topic to a downer subject....

But, I went into work this morning to find out that some "company restructuring" over the weekend lead to my "services no longer being needed". Which is bull, since I practically reinvented their inventory system.

Strikes me odd that I'm just being sent home right off the bat. I'm getting another two weeks of pay, since they didn't have "just cause" to fire me. But still. I poured my life into this friggin company. Sounds like nothing was considered before taking the axe to some expenses - like my wages.

Sorry to rant about this here. Just needed an outlet. Some angry music will help too.("Another Life" is currently blasting my ears. Close enough). So, I'm going to sit back for a bit, have a couple shots of whiskey and a strong stogie, and let Maiden take me a way for a while. Like my dept head put it, "take some time today to relax and let it sink in".

Fuck dumbass close minded employers.

But, I went into work this morning to find out that some "company restructuring" over the weekend lead to my "services no longer being needed". Which is bull, since I practically reinvented their inventory system.

Strikes me odd that I'm just being sent home right off the bat. I'm getting another two weeks of pay, since they didn't have "just cause" to fire me. But still. I poured my life into this friggin company. Sounds like nothing was considered before taking the axe to some expenses - like my wages.

Sorry to rant about this here. Just needed an outlet. Some angry music will help too.("Another Life" is currently blasting my ears. Close enough). So, I'm going to sit back for a bit, have a couple shots of whiskey and a strong stogie, and let Maiden take me a way for a while. Like my dept head put it, "take some time today to relax and let it sink in".

You can move on to bigger & better things. Fuck 'em, it's their loss. Hope everything works out, Lord Whatshisname.

No, Bruce leaving.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope everything works out for you and you find a better paying job.

Back