Best Music Video Survivor: Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
Coming soon only on Maidenfans – the ultimate showdown between the greatest rock and metal music videos ever made!

Nominations are now welcome. I haven’t settled on an exact number of videos yet but I plan to keep it under 60 and divide videos into small groups, so voters aren’t faced with spending hours staring at a screen in order to vote in any given round.

I’d suggest 3-5 nominations max each. If you’re desperate to have certain videos included, list them in order of favourite to least favourite. I will scythe them down mercilessly if I get a huge number of nominations. Conversely, if only a handful of people make nominations, I’ll open it up for more. Just post the name of the artist/band and song you wish to nominate - if I can’t find the video available to view for free online I’ll get back to you.

I plan to allow no more than three videos per band/artist, although solo projects may be allowed in addition to a band’s allocation of three.

Oh, and no Maiden videos, please. An elite team of experts :ninja: has been consulted and three have already been chosen.

Here’s the deal:
· Rock or metal song videos only. I may allow some songs hovering on the edge of these genres if the video is of exceptional merit.

· ‘Official’ music videos only, no fan-made videos

· No 100% ‘live’ music videos (ie complete footage of a song performed at a concert, festival or TV appearance)

· No videos made to promote a movie - any movie content in the video should be to further the purpose of or enhance the music. So GNR’s ‘You Could Be Mine’ is a no, and Queen’s ‘Radio Ga Ga’ is a yes.

Post away!

Swashbuckle - Cruise Ship Terror

Pearl Jam - Do The Evolution

Bruce Dickinson - Killing Floor

(I reserve the option to post additional two videos in future ;))

I'll probably edit my post a bunch of times if I remember something better :D

Well, that's a bit of the problem with as broad of a genre as "rock" it can be everything from Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan to Huey Lewis and The News to Foo Fighters. Basically every form of rock in each decade from the 50's until now....

Indeed. And that's the reason for being strict on limiting the number of videos :) Choose wisely... I have five big, well-known ones to throw in if nobody else gets there first.

Great idea!

The "rock or metal" requirement obviously would preclude the greatest video ever, "Blurred Lines" by Emily Ratajkowski... er, um, I mean Robin Thicke. But in keeping with that theme (albeit less NSFW), I nominate The White Stripes' "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself," directed by Sofia Coppola and starring Kate Moss. I think it's supposed to be artsy-fartsy, but let's face it: poledancing + supermodel = CFH happy. Plus, the song kicks ass.

Perhaps more nominations to come.

The "rock or metal" requirement obviously would preclude the greatest video ever, "Blurred Lines" by Emily Ratajkowski... er, um, I mean Robin Thicke.

And "Toxic" by Britney Spears. And "I'm a Slave 4 U" by Britney Spears. And "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears.

Sorry.

And "Toxic" by Britney Spears. And "I'm a Slave 4 U" by Britney Spears. And "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears.

All have their appeal...Blurred Lines took it to another level. But my nomination is a legit song and can plausibly be considered an artistic video.

I realise it may not survive the scything process, but I feel compelled to nominate the video from which my avatar is taken. I think it's great, anyway.

Cementimental - Seven Eyes Seven Eyes Six Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back