Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Something quite funny happened when we were visiting Kilmartin Glen. There is a site called Temple Wood with a stone circle; like five millennia old, or something. An American couple and there kid are looking at it with us. We're the only people there. The Dad is just kneeling looking at it in quiet meditation; his wife/partner standing beside him. The wee guy runs into the circle & stumbles over some of the loose ground stones --& knocks over one of the small standing stones that formed a cist, to cries of "Theodore Darwin! Time out!" from his father... :facepalm:
Just one of those moments where you want to get up and walk away.

I'm watching Maiden England right now and marveling at how awesome it is. Seriously, it's like...1,000x better than Live After Death, from sound to performance. Bruce sounds amazing. I don't know why this doesn't get the hype Live After Death gets.

He sounds way better on LAD than ME. Especially on ME's Hallowed which is almost the worst performance of it I've ever heard (BBC Archives one is worse).

He sounds way better on LAD than ME. Especially on ME's Hallowed which is almost the worst performance of it I've ever heard (BBC Archives one is worse).

I'm halfway through right now and so far the only song he hasn't sounded great on is the chorus of Can I Play With Madness. Literally from the first note of Aces High on LAD he sounds like shit.

smileys-coffee-578570.gif

I'm watching Maiden England right now and marveling at how awesome it is. Seriously, it's like...1,000x better than Live After Death, from sound to performance. Bruce sounds amazing. I don't know why this doesn't get the hype Live After Death gets.
Agreed. I've always felt it was the great overlooked Maiden live album. I used to have the incomplete CD that came with the VHS edition, very happy they finally released the entire show.

Back