Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I remember that what got me into this forum for good was an invite to the chat by a certain piece of unfastened artillery.

I'm not sure it's because they don't realise that. I can tell you my experience - it took me a long time to start posting here. This thread feels like the forum's party - people know each other, drink, and talk crap, as Brigs put it, and to me, as a new member, if felt like if I joined the party without knowing anyone, people would stare, nudge each other, and think of me as an intruder. So I guess most new members just wait till they have established their presence here, mostly in the Maiden Chat, before they join the party.
This was true for me too. The fact that the thread was so active and conversation was all over the place was also pretty intimidating for me. It's still tough to follow sometimes really. :p

And there's something else - we often discuss quite personal stuff here, which may further intimidate people.

Of course....there's always the chance that some people are simply here to talk about Maiden. I notice only a small proportion of those who join and are active in the Maiden Chat section ever move to the threads about other bands. Those of us truly determined to talk crap just find our way in here eventually.

Last edited:
We've gotten a lot better. A year ago, every on-topic thread we had no matter how serious would descend into excessive silliness at some point. We might have been throwing a collective tantrum because of the lack of a new Maiden album.
Basically every time Cried entered a thread it would go off-topic.

Back