Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Best get it checked out just to be sure. There's a few things it can be, but if nothing else you could be putting your mind at ease.

I've successfully dodged all invites for Montenegro and they finally stopped asking and are going without me. I'm quite proud of myself for keeping my promise to not return to that dreaded place :nana:

In other news, will probably go to Bulgaria for Opeth :edmetal:

Yeah, I'm pretty pumped. Renting a nice little condo in a corner of Ottawa, 5 minute walk from groceries and the bus stop. Fully equipped condo.

I have a conference call with the third party contractor that is installing our Virtual Desktop environment. They installed SQL2008 last year and I thought it should be 2012 and they want to charge me for that modification. :/

Exactly. So their stance is that the version of VMware View they were using was 5.x and that only runs on SQL2008. However, when they implemented it (in Oct of last year) View 6 had been released and it was compatible with SQL2012.

They are fools. I tell you, some of the stuff we see makes us roll our eyes on a daily basis :/

Sure, you don't have to install it if you don't want to, reserving just entitles you to free copies for a year from launch.

Got back from England unharmed, despite our sat-nav trying to send us into the weirdest of places (including off the road).

Last Sunday, on our way from RAF Fairford down to the B&B we were to stay at from Sunday until yesterday, it sent us off the main road just north of Bath, and after leaving Bath we drove for one and a half hour on narrow countryside roads. The fun started just before Bath, though.

Driving down a hill towards a roundabout, the sat-nav told us to exit the road at the last exit before the roundabout. The problem was, this exit was no more! This side road had been filled and there was now just a hillside. Then came the roundabout, where from the sign I had expected that we should turn right (following the main road around the town) but the sat-nav told me to turn left. I complied, only to find myself driving through narrow streets including across a bridge where two cars could not pass each other ...

To top it off. Our B&B was located north of the town of Yeovil, but despite approaching from the north, we were sent through Yeovil.

But the rental car was returned unharmed yesterday, and I'm back in Norway and ready to continue the vacation. With a roadtrip in my own car - in Norway, where there are not nearly enough roads to trick me :D

Back