Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

While listening to BNW yesterday I randomly posted on Facebook an excerpt from the title track, "Close this mind, dull this brain". A friend of mine commented "Messi before his goal" ...

I find it hard to find a better way to paraphrase Maiden and at the same time comment on something completely unrelated. Consider this a challenge.

My gig got rained out last night, but they paid me anyway! Bummer that I couldn't play, but $$$!

Did you get the same big storm system Denver got this weekend? Friday night it stormed for hours, lightning so constant that it was as bright as day. Saturday night almost as bad. Those are just the worst, it storms every night now.

I think it's global warming fucking up all the weather. I've gotten to simply assuming it's going to rain every night. If I were you, I'd plan on getting rained out all summer. :cool:

Did you get the same big storm system Denver got this weekend? Friday night it stormed for hours, lightning so constant that it was as bright as day. Saturday night almost as bad. Those are just the worst, it storms every night now.

I think it's global warming fucking up all the weather. I've gotten to simply assuming it's going to rain every night. If I were you, I'd plan on getting rained out all summer. :cool:

Not sure if it was the same storm or not, but there was tons of brilliant lightning. It didn't last forever, though, only about 3-4 hours last night.

Not a streaming service...
Pretty much. This new streaming thing they're planning is meant to compete with spotify. It's like Netflix with music, you pay for a subscribition and you have access to online streaming of all kinds of music. iTunes is for downloading individual songs/albums directly to your device.

Me and my partner have decided to delve into each other's musical tastes. Which means I'm going to be exploring techno and electronic (a genre I already enjoy), and he's going to be exploring rock and metal.

Thinking of starting him off with Revelations and Wasted Years from Maiden. Any other suggestions?

(both of us are bisexual, leaning hetero if you're interested).

image.jpg

Notwithstanding that Germans themselves make fun of this - they're using a Fußbodenschleifmaschine in the flat upstairs right now, and it's as nightmarish as it sounds. Slayer is the very minimum required to drown it out.

Me and my partner have decided to delve into each other's musical tastes. Which means I'm going to be exploring techno and electronic (a genre I already enjoy), and he's going to be exploring rock and metal.

Thinking of starting him off with Revelations and Wasted Years from Maiden. Any other suggestions?

I'll get crucified for this, but I think Black Album is a better introduction. It took me a long time to appreciate more complex/less catchy stuff like Revelations when I started listening to metal.

I got two girls I was into at the time into Metal with Dance of Death, the album. Both were on the hook by No More Lies.

Not really interested, but thanks for the offer.

Reactions: RTC
Back