Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Your project manager is David Carradine?

Not Vader's breathing sound, his voice. And no, my project manager looked pretty much alive when I saw him leave his room yesterday with two bottles of wine.

Oh, that's pretty awesome that you're in China! Have you seen The Great Wall?

Nowhere near to it. I'm located near Shanghai (on the eastern coast), the Wall is in the north. Didn't see it from the plane when I flew here either. It was dark.

My laptop clock says it's now just past 08:30 CET, so good morning Europe!

Just had a workout at the hotel gym, then had a burger (very well done, and I prefer my burger pink in the middle ...) and a couple of beers.

So tired ...

Last edited:
Good morning! Any chance of seeing the wall on the way back (not flying in the dark)?

Afternoon here. I'm about to take a walk, then have dinner. I certainly hope I'll be able to see the wall on my way back, because I'll be flying during the day. But the weather is also important, when you're up at 11000m there's a good chance there will be some clouds between yourself and the ground ...

@Perun Did you know that Earls Court arena is being demolished? I know it's been planned for a while, but it's actually started to go now. I'm quite sad about it really, an iconic venue where I had some really good times: going to the Royal Tournament each year as a child; my first Maiden gig was there; and again back there in 2006 with Perun, Freaky and Albie; beer festivals. Good times.

A controversial move.

Here some more old acts:

Listed in chronological order, with name of artist and date of concert

• Pink Floyd performed The Dark Side of the Moon suite on 18/19 May 1973 to two sell-out gigs.
    • The band also played six nights on 4–9 August 1980 for its performances of The Wall. The exercise was repeated one year later as the band played five nights on 13–17 June 1981 for attempts at filming and recording the live Wall performances, which were later released on Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980-81; the last of these concerts would mark the final appearance of the classic lineup of Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason until their reunion at Live 8 in 2005.
    • In 1994 the band played on 14 October, their first of a record-breaking 14 nights at this venue and was filmed and recorded on P•U•L•S•E (album) & P•U•L•S•E (1995 film). However, the 12 October concert was forced to be cancelled, after a section of seating in the arena collapsed during the show, injuring several people.
  • Slade performed to 19,000 on 1 July 1973. The show was filmed but has never been released. Thousands of Noddy Holder look-alikes with mirrored top hats and glitter were seen on the London Underground as Slade Mania reached its height. At the time they were no.1 in the pop charts with Skweeze Me, Pleeze Me.
  • Led Zeppelin performed for five sold-out nights in May 1975. Footage from the concerts was filmed and was released twenty-eight years later on the Led Zeppelin DVD. The full concert was not released on the DVD. This series of concerts is widely considered by fans to be amongst the best of the band's career.[3]
  • Elton John performed three shows on 11–13 May 1976, during his Louder Than Concorde tour. Video footage from the 12 May concert has been widely bootlegged. He also performed two shows on 12–13 May 1993, during his The One Tour.
  • Queen performed 6–7 June 1977 and filmed footage has been widely bootlegged. These gigs ended their A Day At The Races Tour.
  • Genesis performed on 23–25 June 1977, six sold-out shows in November 1992 (videoed for The Way We Walk DVD) and one show in 1998.
  • David Bowie performed, on three consecutive nights, on 29–30 June & 1 July 1978, these gigs ended the European leg of his Isolar II Tour. The final night of the performance was recorded by the RCA mobile unit, with the live performance premiere of the song, Sound and Vision, later released on the 1995 compilation album, Rarestonebowie. The song was not performed live again until the 1990 Sound and Vision Tour.
  • Supertramp performed three nights in May 1983, on their Famous Last Words Tour, which was their final tour with member Roger Hodgson.

Led Zeppelin performed for five sold-out nights in May 1975. Footage from the concerts was filmed and was released twenty-eight years later on the Led Zeppelin DVD. The full concert was not released on the DVD. This series of concerts is widely considered by fans to be amongst the best of the band's career.[3]

I have a 2-DVD boot of one of those shows. It's freaking amazing.

It's a legendary venue. Sad to hear it's going down.

@Perun Did you know that Earls Court arena is being demolished? I know it's been planned for a while, but it's actually started to go now. I'm quite sad about it really, an iconic venue where I had some really good times: going to the Royal Tournament each year as a child; my first Maiden gig was there; and again back there in 2006 with Perun, Freaky and Albie; beer festivals. Good times.

Wow, that's a surprise - and a shame. I have great memories of that place. :( Including an unforgettable power outage.

My dad saw Led Zep on their first USA tour back in 1968. He was born in 1952 so he saw a ton of great shows between '68-'75. Others include Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, MC5, Jethro Tull, the Goose Lake Music Festival, Deep Purple, SRC, The Frost, Wishbone Ash, Alice Cooper, The Amboy Dukes, Captain Beyond, and others.

I just bought a mint condition Adrian Smith Jackson SDX on ebay for 349$. Just curious, but for those who have one, what do you guys think of it?

Just got back from Phoenix Comicon and it was a whirlwind trip of awesomeness. Tons of cools panels with writers plus some actor ones (bunch of Whedon people and BSG people). Also caught a concert by William Elliott Whitmore, one of my favorite folk artists. A damn solid weekend it was, so cheers!

Got offered a job in Hamburg, which looks really cool. Have to turn them down though, we cannot move now.

Funny thing is, we are wanting to do something like that (move elsewhere for at least a few years) ... crappy timing. I am sure when I want to do it, I won't be able to find one

I just bought a mint condition Adrian Smith Jackson SDX on ebay for 349$. Just curious, but for those who have one, what do you guys think of it?

I put a DiMarzio Super Distortion in mine and it's done me quite good. You can check out my Youtube channel for plenty of videos with the guitar (distorted, clean tones etc). The tremolo is a bit messy but not the lowest quality crap out there. I would like better tuning stability and more sustain but in the price range, it's a pretty great instrument, can't regret getting one.

Back