Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'm gonna have to sell some CD's from my collection to fund all the concerts this year... Nothing I like too much though. I haven't bought a CD in a long time anyway.

Need experience to work, need work for experience :P

I actually did apply for some summer jobs like 2 years ago and went for an interview... in the end they only hired girls :(

I'd go down the any job that pays anything route. Voluntary is useful long term, but if you need to earn you need to earn. If you don't have to pay full rental costs/utility bills/household tax you will still have some money to spend on something you'd like.

Our performance at the depertment gathering was a thundering success :D and we discovered some new metalheads among our colleagues! We played the following stuff:

Heavy medley (me on guitar): Fear of the Dark (intro) - Enter Sandman (intro) - Smoke On The Water (main riff w/key change) - Du Hast (main riff) - Paradise City (verse riff + intro solo)

Film/TV medley (me on keyboards): Top Gun theme - Svalbard theme from Orion's Belt (Norwegian movie) - Imperial March from Star Wars - MacGyver theme song - James Bond theme

Pop songs (me on keyboards): Beat It (Michael Jackson) - Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams) - What Is Love (Haddaway) - Bohemian Rhapsody - Apache.

Then we played Sweet Child O Mine (with me on bass) and Summer of 69 again (this time the full song), and a Norwegian folk rock song that was very well received.

Our main guitarist for tonight was very nervous before the performance. In fact, I had to go to his hotel room with him and practice the songs one extra time (and join him for a beer) just to calm his nerves :D

I bet this part broke your heart.

It's a hard knock life, isn't it?

On a side note: when we arrived at the hotel Monday afternoon and set up our equipment for sound checks, we found that there was a horrible noise in all our amplifiers. We soon learned that one of the radars of Oslo Airport is very close to the hotel (which is located right next to the airport) and that this radar makes that particular noise in all tube amplifiers. So we had to check all other usable rooms in the hotel (particularly the rooms facing the opposite way - away from the airport) to see if there was a room where this noise wouldn't be a problem. We eventually found one, and after getting the clear from the hotel management moved all our equipment there.

It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll.

20150311_131119_zpsmrwr4frg.jpg

It's not a great loss in any way - I haven't played the game in Cod knows how many years, and if I wanted to, there are about a hundred ways I could get it without much effort financially or otherwise. But I remember how badly I wanted this game almost twenty years ago and how thrilled I was when I finally had it, and how much time I spent with it. So it's kind of sad to see what happened to the CD. :(

20150311_131119_zpsmrwr4frg.jpg

It's not a great loss in any way - I haven't played the game in Cod knows how many years, and if I wanted to, there are about a hundred ways I could get it without much effort financially or otherwise. But I remember how badly I wanted this game almost twenty years ago and how thrilled I was when I finally had it, and how much time I spent with it. So it's kind of sad to see what happened to the CD. :(
Truly, only one word can summarize my feelings:
Roggan?

As much as it sucks to say, I feel like my not-so-bullish attitude towards Album 16 has been justified by the events that have happened.

Back