Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Sheriff is just a ceremonial role here these days. They wear a fancy uniform, carry a sword and turn up at civic and royal events. I'm not sure if they actually serve any other purpose, they certainly don't have anything to do with the police.

In other news, Download are making their first announcement for 2015 tomorrow morning. Wonder if it will be a big or a small one.

Sheriff is just a ceremonial role here these days. They wear a fancy uniform, carry a sword and turn up at civic and royal events. I'm not sure if they actually serve any other purpose, they certainly don't have anything to do with the police.

I didn't even know the title was in use in the UK any more. But in the US it's still an "operative" title (i.e. sheriffs are operative police officers).

HS-Declaration-on-own.jpg

And I've just discovered West Yorkshire's Sheriff is female.

I actually really liked the first Scissor Sisters album and I can't stand Pink Floyd so that cover doesn't bother me. Second album was alright, but the next two got progressively more glammy, polished, and lame.

I'll admit Gimme is one of their less onerous songs, but it's still poor.

Mamma Mia might just be the worst song ever written. Which is funny, considering it knocked my favourite song of all-time of the number 1 spot in the UK.

Back