Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'll admit Gimme is one of their less onerous songs, but it's still poor.

Mamma Mia might just be the worst song ever written. Which is funny, considering it knocked my favourite song of all-time of the number 1 spot in the UK.

Gimme has that 80s synthpop-like sound I absolutely love. It came out in 79, one of the pioneering songs in that style, probably.

Agreed on Mamma Mia. I cringe everytime I hear that song.

Dunno what's so bad about Abba... I'd rather listen to them than any other pop that came after them.

They set the precedent for the declining mainstream.

Slipknot headlining isn't the worst thing ever, even if I don't like them much. Better than Volbeat over Anthrax, that's for sure.

Dunno what's so bad about Abba... I'd rather listen to them than any other pop that came after them.

You're seriously missing out on some damn good pop, then.

I have to mention 'Money, Money, Money' as an exception as well, next to Gimme. I like that song a lot as well.

Oh, I wasn't making any judgements about order of play btw, I'm just interested in festival announcements and rumours. Priest were one of the rumours for Sonisphere.

SIGH. A lot of radio friendly nothing, shit bands are more popular than JP. I know I posted it before, but this is how bad it's gotten here in America:

kd5pTTK.png

rCNOxQK.png

Meh, I like those circled songs. They're not metal but I'll take them over most new metal that gets played on FM radio anyway (Sixx AM, Slipknot, Trapt etc). Plus it looks like that station has some nice classic rock pics, love the Van Halen, Ozzy, and Scorps picks. That new Slash is pretty cool too.

I'll give Arctic Monkeys a whirl. Meanwhile, Muse headlining Saturday at Download 2015. I was a bit surprised, they must be bigger than I thought.

Abba are so horrible they are one degree away from magnificent.
I learned how to play Mama Mia on guitar last week. :eek:
And to cleanse my soul, I taught 15-year-old Wasted Years. :shred:

Meh, I like those circled songs. They're not metal but I'll take them over most new metal that gets played on FM radio anyway (Sixx AM, Slipknot, Trapt etc).

Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys are cool bands.

Yeah, considering all of the crap that gets airplay, I'm generally pretty happy to hear good bands like Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys. Also, Imagine Dragons is a pretty cool band, despite that Radioactive song being torturously overplayed.

I'll give Arctic Monkeys a whirl. Meanwhile, Muse headlining Saturday at Download 2015. I was a bit surprised, they must be bigger than I thought.

Muse is quite big and their shows are spectacular.

If you're gonna listen to Arctic Monkeys, I recommend the first two albums (which have more of a punk attitude) and the latest, AM, which is a solid record, but has a very different sound. The two albums in the middle are a bit disjointed and meandering.

Back