Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Nightwish are probably the closest thing to a good modern mainstream metal band nowadays. That is not a bad thing.

Since when did being popular become a bad thing in metal?

Hipster culture, man. Follow the logic train to hell...

"I love a band, I hope to see and hear more of their music for years!" > Band gets popular, plays bigger venues, has radio airplay, and has more money to continue being a band > "Eh, they're not like they used to be, they're too poppy now because people like them and now I don't like them."

This is exactly how I feel.
bIsekgA.jpg

Kinda how I feel about it. I don't really care who tells me what, it's the thought that counts. And I am as rabid an atheist as it comes. I think there's nothing wrong with a Christian saying Happy Holidays, either. It's whatever, all around.

Exactly LC. It's the kind words and thought that really counts. That's why even as a Christian, I can't stand those die hard Jesus freak types who say you have to live this ultra perfect life. The fact that they say listening to metal music is a sin is complete BS. Hell, I don't even go to church or read the Bible. It's my personal relationship that I have with God which I feel is the most important.

Back